Are you a third-class graduate who thinks all hope of earning a graduate degree is lost? do not discourage The Australia Scholarships awards over 1,000 scholarships for African Students with 3rd class.
There are two categories of award: Australian Awards Scholarships, to undertake higher studies in Australia at the Master’s Awards Australia Short Courses and Short Courses, to undertake specific, short-term professional training courses in Australia and/or Africa, in a variety of development-focused sectors.
Please see the table of contents below for a quick overview of this article.
Why does Australia award scholarships?
The Australia Awards are the foundation of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa. It provides access to postgraduate education, training, and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries.
The stability, security, and prosperity of sub-Saharan Africa are in the national interest of Australia. African countries are of global economic and political importance for world economic growth, agricultural productivity, food security, and international security. Many African economies are thriving, providing Australia with increasing opportunities for trade and investment-related development gains.
To this end, Australia’s development assistance is carefully designed to maximize its impact by creating visible added value, deepening engagement, and maintaining flexibility and responsiveness in selected areas of expertise. The Australian Awards will be presented to a select number of priority countries based on the geographic and sectoral nature of Australia’s involvement in Africa.
Upon their return to the workplace, Australia Alumni Awards are expected to actively contribute to development in their home countries.
Level/field of study:
The scholarship is for African students who wish to pursue Master’s studies and short courses at an Australian university.
Field of study:
Offers to study at Australian universities cover the following fields of study. Priority fields (varies by African country)
- Agriculture /Food security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, and international diplomacy)
- Environmental management
- Natural resource management (including mining-related issues)
- Technical and vocational education and training (available for short courses only)
- Energy (including oil and natural gas technology)
- IN THE MINE
- Transport (including management of ports, highways, and airports)
How Much Is The Australia Awards Scholarship For African Students Worth?
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students is a Fully Funded Scholarship. These opportunities have value that includes a full tuition waiver, housing, and other expenses paid. Guess what, there are more than 1000 scholarships available
Australia awards scholarships
Rights include the following:
- The full cost of tuition for up to two years.
- An economy class flight to and from Australia. Note: excess baggage and travel insurance costs are not covered
- An annual stipend of approximately AUD30,000 to cover living expenses while in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which covers basic medical costs
- A one-time establishment allowance of AUD5,000 to help with the costs of starting life in Australia and starting the course (for example, course books and materials, rental deposits, household items, etc.)
- Scholars, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare that allows them to travel home, midway through the course. This is only available to scholars whose course is two years or longer.
Short Course Awards
Rights include the following:
- The total cost of tuition for the duration of the course.
- The mobilization travels from the country of origin to the location(s) of delivery of the course and returns to the country of origin. Note: excess baggage and travel insurance costs are not covered.
- visa fees
- a modest diet
- Medical insurance for the duration of the short course.
To be taken in (Country):
The scholarship has made it easy for both students to participate in Africa without coming to Australia to write the exams. All scholarships are taken at African or Australian universities.
Eligible Countries for Australia 2022 Awards:
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students is one of the most trusted opportunities from Australia to the African continent. If your country appears on the list, congratulations.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome, and Principe, Senegal Seychelles Sierra Leone, South Africa Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, etc.
Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros Ivory Coast Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Mauritania, Niger, North Sudan, Republic of Guinea, South Sudan
Australia Awards Scholarship Requirements
- You must be at least 25 and no more than 50 years of age on the date of your application.
- Must have at least three (3) years of relevant postgraduate work experience. This work experience should play a role relevant to your proposed field of study and your type of employment organization (eg, public sector applicants must demonstrate public sector work experience, etc.). Preference will be given to candidates with longer periods of experience.
- You must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution of at least 4 years in duration with at least a third class pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with the Nigerian Government regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- Candidates from the public sector, private sector, and civil society must provide evidence of completion from the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) when they apply.
- You must not have, or be studying for, a master’s degree.
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current job after the award ends.
- You must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Prize Scholarships – see the Australia Prize Scholarship policy manual.
Australia Award Application Form/Procedure:
You can start the application by clicking on Online Application and getting more details by clicking on the scholarship link provided below.
Last application delivery date:
The scholarship is offered annually and the deadline for the scholarship is December and March of the academic year. Master’s Application Deadline: Scholarships open every September 1st and December 1st
Australia Awards Scholarship FAQ
The Australia Awards Scholarship is a scholarship scheme for international students who wish to pursue their Master’s program at accredited universities in Australia. The Government has created the opportunity to strengthen the bilateral relationship between Australia and other communities around the world.
The Australia Awards Scholarship 2022 starts on 1st September for most African, Pacific, and Asian countries. Currently, the application is ongoing.
Countries eligible for this year’s Australia Awards Scholarship for Africa are Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Zambia.
The scholarships are only designed for postgraduate students who are excelling in their various home countries. You must first have a bachelor’s degree.
The scholarship is for Masters students only for Ph.D. Scholarships Are Not Awarded Australia Awards Scholarship?
All applications for Australian scholarships for African students are done online. You can check other posts on Australia Awards.