The Corinne Jeannine Schillings Foundation provides both Silver and Gold Scholarships to girl scouts who have a desire to study abroad when they reach university. This “Travel Study” scholarship award is open to girl scouts pursuing any undergraduate area of study, major, or minor courses.
The Corinne Jeannine Schillings Foundation is dedicated to preserving the memory of Corinne Schillings, who lost her life on March 6, 2004 in a water taxi accident in Baltimore Harbor. Corinne loved to learn, especially languages and about other cultures. It is our intent that she be remembered through the young women who receive scholarships from her foundation.
- Must be in the girl scouts.
Follow all of the outlaid rules while applying for this scholarship. This is open to international students who wish to apply.
How to Apply
- Complete the INITIAL application (type or print).
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a Girl Scout volunteer or staff member who is not a relative. The letter of recommendation MUST be written within the past six months, specifically for this scholarship. Only one letter of recommendation will be accepted.
- Show proof verifying receipt of the Girl Scout Silver or Gold Award.
- Include a copy of the acceptance letter from the college/university (if not yet attending); or, a copy of the current college transcript (if currently attending).
- Send proof (current transcript) showing that the overall grade point AND the grade point in a foreign language is at least “B” (3.0 on a 4.0 scale; 4.0 on a 5.0 scale).
- Provide proof that the major/minor will be (is) a foreign language.
- Create an essay.
Successful applicants will be announced on July 1, 2022. The award is $1,000 to each applicant that is awarded.
The deadline is March 15, 2022.
This is an annual award.