Complete Guide – Chevening Admission
Registration date: September of each year.
We know that there is a need to know the application process to apply for the full scholarship in the United Kingdom Chevening, for this reason, we offer you this guide with the most important details for you to carry out a successful process.
The Chevening Scholarship is a project that provides a full financial award for applicants interested in preparing for a one-year Master’s degree in the United Kingdom. It is in search of emerging leaders who demonstrate academic excellence to become researchers and innovators capable of tackling diverse problems in order to find solutions through what they have learned in the Chevening program.
International students accepted for master’s degrees in the UK will receive the best professional and personal experience. During your preparation, you will obtain important benefits that will nourish your academic curriculum, as well as opportunities to broaden your horizons in the labor field, which will increase significantly.
Learn About Chevening World Scholarship Registration
Registration phases Chevening Scholarship:
It is important that you familiarize yourself with the application process and form. Admission to the Chevening International Funded Scholarship is distributed in different phases, which are:
- Online registration form.
- Admission to UK universities.
- Interview with Chevening staff.
- English language proficiency test.
Chevening is recognized throughout the world for the funding program for the Master’s field. It only accepts participation for the said area with a duration of one (1) year.
Chevening scholarship funding:
Chevening, being a full funding scholarship, awards various prizes to its members, regardless of the nationality or country they come from. Here are the benefits offered by the global program in the UK:
- Tuition fee exemption.
- Round-trip airfare to your country of origin in economy class.
- Other transportation expenses.
- UK arrival allowance.
- UK entry visa application fee refund.
- Monthly stipend for expenses such as room and board.
International candidates must meet a series of requirements that are necessary and essential to complete the registration process for the full Chevening scholarship in the United Kingdom:
- Have an undergraduate university degree obtained from a high-level institution.
- Be a national citizen of the Chevening list of countries.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of work experience.
- Broad command of the English language.
Is work experience important?
For the Chevening scholarship program, having previous and demonstrable work experience is an important requirement for obtaining the scholarship because the committee will require support from its leadership activities.
It should be noted that the number of hours worked is also taken into account, therefore it will be necessary to have at least 2,800 hours completed in a part-time job, this would make a total of two (2) years in professional activities. It is important that you know that if you exceed the limit for full-time employment, you will not be able to apply for the Chevening scholarship.
The work experience must be related to the academic field of your university degree following these criteria:
- Unremunerated practices.
- Voluntary work.
- Part-time internship.
College and Field Selection Options:
In the admission form it is allowed to select three (3) universities and fields, achieving greater opportunity to be selected. It is recommended to choose institutions that represent and complement your academic career.
It can be completed as follows:
- Selection of three (3) different universities with the same course.
- Selection of three (3) different courses in three (3) different universities.
- Selection of three (3) different courses at the same university.
How to select universities for the Chevening Scholarship?
This step is very important for the selection of the full Chevening scholarship, for this reason, the applicant must know perfectly the university as well as the course to which he will apply. Following the instructions, she will carry out the investigation in a precise and exact manner.
This list presents a series of tips to select the best university:
- Universities associated or not with the Chevening scholarship are accepted. It is advisable to select a university subscribed to the program.
- Verify the grade or average required by the institution.
- Each entity will offer a relevant course related to their undergraduate university degree. In case of submitting a proposal for an irrelevant field, it will be rejected.
- The course you select must last between nine (9) or twelve (12) months, this is the period of preparation for the full Chevening scholarship.
- It is advisable to consult the ranking or position of the university at a national and international level and investigate the reputation of the faculty in order to know its work in the academic field.
- Check what other programs the university offers such as learning events, campus, library, laboratories, and cultural development, among others.
- Preferred campus location.
Essays and questions:
In the registration process, the presentation of four (4) essays is required, each one must not exceed five hundred (500) words.
Read carefully what each should contain:
First essay: Communication skills.
- Mention your skills in creating dialogue networks and personal relationships, both nationally and internationally.
- Talk about how you treat the people you interact with, including professionals, government representatives, public authorities, and academics.
- How do you become familiar with different cultures, social and age groups?
- Deepen your skills and knowledge in communication in different fields.
Second essay: Leadership skills.
- Present details about your performance in the leadership role in different fields.
- Team management skills in various projects.
- How he leads community projects with a fixed budget.
- How it handles the opinions of each of the members of different businesses.
- How your leadership project brought long-term change to your community.
Third essay: Future career and plans.
- Declare your academic plans to support your community or country in the future.
- Realistic and intelligent goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate your social, academic, and professional focus.
- Relate your skills in volunteer activities and social experience.
Fourth essay: Why do you want to study in the UK?
- Mention valid and appropriate reasons why you wish to study in the UK.
- Interest in intercultural understanding.
- How you will contribute to the community by doing the one (1) year Master’s research?
At the time of completing the admission process for the full Chevening scholarship, the applicant must have two (2) letters of reference. The person issuing them must know the applicant academically or professionally. These will be verified once the evaluation committee pre-selects the possible winners.
Chevening Scholarship Interview:
At this stage of the process, a shortlisted applicant will be considered and will attend an interview invited by the British embassy of the country of origin. It is carried out in person, only in exceptional situations can it be carried out virtually.
How do I know if I am shortlisted? The applicant will receive an email with the information on the Chevening Scholarship, where they will be informed if they are already in this phase and the next step to take. It is estimated that these will take place from March 1 to April 30, 2023.
It is recommended that during the interview you present self-confidence before the scholarship authorities and security of the information you offer. This is a decisive stage for obtaining a scholarship in the United Kingdom.
Documents required for the interview:
- Achievement certificates.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Biographical essay.
- Passport or identity card.
Suggestions for a successful interview:
- Demonstrate certainty in relation to plans and goals to achieve in their academic preparation.
- Express confidence in their achievements and values, praise their leadership projects and make a difference.
- Manage your essays perfectly because the interviewer will ask you various questions about it.
- Interest and passion for the course you want to complete.
- Be authentic.
- Dress appropriately for the occasion.
- Be prepared for irrelevant questions.
- Show interest in creating a good connection between the United Kingdom and your country of origin.
English language proficiency:
An IELTS English proficiency certificate will not be required at the time of your application for the Chevening UK Full Scholarship. If it is selected, it will have a delivery time.
It is recommended that you submit it to the Chevening scholarship authorities in the month of November or December, this will improve your final score.
Last details for Chevening Scholarship registration:
To access the registry you must create an account and start the login process here.
If you satisfactorily pass the interview phase, you can consider changing universities if the applicant wishes, you are not obliged to be consistent with the preselected institutions.
Advice from former members of the Chevening Scholarship:
Participants of past scholarship registrations in the United Kingdom advise that they can apply to five (5) or six (6) universities to ensure a greater chance of being admitted. Your acceptance could be among the fourth or fifth nominated for the Chevening scholarship.
The similarity of courses is a benefit to your academic study plan as it expresses clarity in your admission proposal and conviction in your application form.
Do not complete the application under pressure, make a draft with all the information and when you have everything ready you can start with the official registration, in this way it seeks to reduce possible critical errors.
This guide is an aid to navigate the path to successful registration and minimizing possible errors and setbacks. At each step, we recommend expressing honesty through the values that represent your citizen’s identity and suitability.
From the writing team of PickAScholarship we wish you the best of luck in your future participation in the full international Chevening scholarship in the United Kingdom .