The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) can be difficult for many students if they are not native speakers of the language. Many academics who want to achieve outstanding scores on their TOEFL exams get stuck during their preparation due to a lack of guidance or proper assistance.
TOEFL may serve to be the most difficult test taken by any student in his life. When scholars would know the guided series of steps to achieve success on their TOEFL exam, nothing can stop them from getting the desired results. Read some of the helpful tips to get a 100 on the TOEFL test:
How to score big on your TOEFL test?
- Understand the test well: Before taking the TOEFL test, it is imperative to learn about the test and how it works. The TOEFL is a test of English as a foreign language that is used to serve as an English proficiency test conducted by an American company known as ETS. It is aimed at non-native students who wish to study in the main universities of English literature in American countries. The test is used to check writing, speaking, reading, and listening skills in English. There are four sections that are used to test the different abilities of an individual. The total score on the TOEFL test is 120. The each university of English expects a candidate to obtain a particular score to register for admission.
- Begin preparation: TOEFL cannot be beaten in an overnight effort. Students must put in a lot of work and time to earn a 100 on their TOEFL test and enroll in the university of their choice.
- Students should start preparing as early as possible to free up time for a quality review at the end.
- Preparation should take at least six months and up to a full year to be fully prepared for the TOEFL test. For those students who are taking the exam for the first time in their life, it can be a bit challenging. English-dominant candidates may need only a few weeks of preparation to get good grades.
- Improve your reading skills: When reading books, we do not imply that students should read only the books or novels that might interest them. They should put more emphasis on enriching their vocabulary. To achieve the same, they must read magazines, newspapers, and other literary articles to excel in the reading section of the TOEFL test.
- Pay attention to details: Listening skills can be developed by paying attention to minute details. Academics would have to listen carefully to the lectures of each class. This would help in the listening section of your TOEFL test. There are several online audiobooks available to improve the listening skills of scholars. Any content in English like Youtube videos, or movies can also help improve listening skills.
- Take Good Notes: It is imperative that students learn effective note-taking that helps their reading, listening, speaking, and writing skills to excel on the TOEFL exam. Scholars should make a summary note of the main points rather than noting everything. They can improve their note writing with the use of symbols and shorthand.
- Enrich your pronunciation: To excel on the TOEFL test, a student is required to speak with clear pronunciation. One should never try to fake an accent as it will be a terrible mistake. The speech must be clear and easy to understand by others. Always practice and speak to anyone and everyone in English whenever you get the chance.
- Speed up your QWERTY typing: This would help the writing section of the TOEFL test write fast and correct words during the test.
- Speed typing would make you spend less time on exam sections.
- You can focus on more difficult questions in your free time.
Students can also excel at typing. It is about typing with all ten fingers without looking at the keyboard. 8. Make English your favorite subject: If you want to stand out and get a 100 on the TOEFL test, you must love the subject of English. People who have a knack for English can easily score above 100 on their TOEFL.