When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Comoros and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Comoros:
- Comoros (Chevening Scholarship)
- FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Korean Government Scholarship (GKS) for International Students
- Chinese Government’s MOFCOM Scholarship
- Google Scholarships Europe Middle East and Africa
- Deans Latin America and Africa Scholarship
- Canada Scholarships for Comoros Students
- CODESRIA Research Grants
- CODESRIA Small Grants for Thesis Writing
- Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation Grants
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Scholarship Program
- TRECCAfrica Scholarships for Africans
- African App Launchpad Cup for African Game/App Developers
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam Technology Scholarships for Comoros Students
- Africa London Nagasaki (ALN) Fund
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship Program
Work Study/Internship Programs Available for Comoros:
- ARCC Gap East Africa
- Carpe Diem Education | East Africa Semester: Community Development and Education
- NOLS Semester in East Africa
- Cultural Immersion & Community Service in East Africa
- Engage East- Africa | Uganda & Rwanda – Go Overseas
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Comoros. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Comoros, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student to stay the full academic term.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Comoros.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.