The Islamic Development Bank offers scholarships to students from member countries, including Comoros, who wish to pursue undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees in fields related to development studies, economics, and social sciences.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship:
The Islamic Development Bank Scholarship provides opportunities for students from eligible member countries, including Comoros, to pursue undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees in fields related to development studies, economics, and social sciences. The eligibility requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- The applicant must be a citizen of an eligible member country of the Islamic Development Bank.
- All students must have completed his or her high school education (for undergraduate applicants) or obtained a bachelor’s degree (for masters and PhD applicants) from an accredited institution.
- Individuals must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent, or a “Very Good” overall grade for undergraduate applicants and a minimum of “Very Good” overall grade for graduate applicants.
- Interested parties must not be in receipt of another scholarship at the time of application.
- Candidates must be medically fit and be able to provide a medical certificate of good health.
- Any one looking into applying must be able to provide proof of proficiency in the language of instruction of the chosen university (i.e., English, French, or any other language determined by the university).
- Everyone must agree to fulfill any additional requirements requested by the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Program and the chosen university.
What is the total award for the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship:
The total award for the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship varies depending on the level of study and the university chosen. The scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees: The scholarship covers the full tuition fees for the duration of the degree program.
- Living expenses: The scholarship provides a monthly allowance to cover the cost of living expenses, including accommodation, meals, transportation, and other personal expenses.
- Health insurance: The scholarship provides comprehensive health insurance coverage for the duration of the degree program.
- Books and study materials: The scholarship provides a one-time allowance to cover the cost of books and other study materials.
- Travel expenses: The scholarship covers the cost of one round-trip airfare from the student’s home country to the university.
The exact amount of the award may vary depending on the cost of living and tuition fees at the chosen university, as well as other factors such as the duration of the degree program and the availability of other funding sources. However, the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship is considered to be a highly competitive and prestigious scholarship that provides significant financial support to students who demonstrate academic excellence and a strong commitment to community development.
How do you apply for the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship:
To apply for the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship, you should follow these steps:
- Visit the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship website to learn more about the program, eligibility requirements, and the application process.
- Check if your country is a member of the Islamic Development Bank, and if you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- Identify the universities and degree programs that are eligible for the scholarship. You can find a list of eligible universities and programs on the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship website.
- Complete the online application form and upload all required documents, including academic transcripts, language proficiency test scores, and a statement of purpose.
- Submit your application before the deadline specified on the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship website.
- Wait for the scholarship committee to review your application. If your application is shortlisted, you may be invited to an interview or additional testing.
- If you are selected for the scholarship, you will receive a letter of acceptance and further instructions on how to proceed with the scholarship process.
What is a Student Visa and How to Acquire One
Acquiring a student visa can vary depending on the country you are planning to study in, but here are some general steps that can guide you in the process:
- Check the visa requirements: Before you apply for a student visa, make sure to check the visa requirements of the country you will be studying in. This information can usually be found on the country’s embassy or consulate website.
- Apply to a school or university: You will need to have an acceptance letter from a school or university before you can apply for a student visa. Make sure to complete all the necessary admissions requirements before applying for a visa.
- Gather the required documents: Typically, you will need to provide several documents to support your student visa application, such as a passport, an acceptance letter from a school or university, financial documents proving your ability to support yourself, and evidence of medical insurance.
- Fill out the visa application: Once you have gathered all the required documents, fill out the visa application form completely and accurately.
- Pay the visa application fee: Visa fees vary by country, so make sure to check the cost and payment options before submitting your application.
- Attend the visa interview (if required): Depending on the country you are applying to, you may be required to attend an interview at the embassy or consulate.
- Wait for your visa to be processed: The visa processing time can vary, so make sure to apply well in advance of your intended travel dates.
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
The official deadline date is May 15, 2023. This deadline is very close and students whoa re interested should apply right away. Application submissions are currently open until the deadline date, this is an annual scholarship opportunity.
Other available scholarships to look at are Duke College Scholarships 2024 or Fully Funded SOKA University of America 2023-2024 Brian Daisaku McCloskey Named Scholarship.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.