What can students expect when they decide to study in Comoros? What about the academic abilities or potential work study and internship options that are readily available? We will cover all of these aspects and show international students what can be used to gain a higher education and a better understanding about studying in Comoros. Below we will show universities, work study/internship options, living options and monthly budget.
Universities in Comoros:
- University Comoros
- Kampala University
These are the only two universities in Comoros.
Subject fields to study at both universities:
- Arts and Humanities
- Modern Languages
- Law and Economics
- Islamic Theology
- Islamic Studies
- Primary Education
- Business Administration
- Social Sciences
- Public Administration
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
- French Studies
- English Studies
- Communication Arts
- Computer Science
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Art and Design
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Natural Sciences
- Nursing and Health Sciences
- Economic Policy and Management
- Development Studies
- Guidance and Counseling
- Medicine and Surgery
- Economic Policy and Planning
- Social Work and Community Development
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
- Secretarial and Office Management
- Mass Communication
- Credit Management
- Business Computing
- Credit Management
There are many more academic programs available through the University Comoros and Kampala University. As a matter of fact, Kampala University has more academic programs available in the art sector.
Exchange Programs Involving Comoros
These programs were created to help exchange programs between the rest of the world and Comoros.
- Peace Corps Response English Education Specialist
- Peace Corps English Teacher
- The Fulbright-Hays Program
- Sports Envoy Program – Athletes and coaches in various sports are chosen to serve as envoys or ambassadors of sport for any abroad sport location.
- Arts Envoy Program – Cross-cultural understanding and collaboration and to demonstrate shared values and aspirations with the power of music.
- American Music Abroad – Become a musical ambassador
- Fullbright U.S. Student Program – Specifically find an U.S. based college that will sponsor the student as they apply for this program.
Living Monthly Budget Needed
The average living costs per month in Comoros without rent for a single individual will need around 276 euros. Transport will go for around 22 euros per month, along with 200 euros per month. On average around 700 euros per month is enough to live on at an incredibly comfortable pace. Luckily, students will be able to feel at home with 700 euros per month.
Tuition Annual Costs
What can students expect from annual tuition costs by attending one of the two universities. Normal semester fees at the University of Comoros shows that it can vary between 300-700 euros which means 300-700 euro per half a year. So, in total for a single year that would mean 600-1,400 euros.
Main Languages Spoken in Comoros
What are the main langauges spoken in Comoros? The main langauges and there are three that students can expect to encounter which are Comorian, Arabic, and French. These three languages are most widely spoken throughout the country and students that already know at least one of these langauges would fare a lot better than other international students who may not know. However, if students would still like to study in Comoros those students could already enroll in a French, Arabic, or Comorian language course.