What type of scholarships are available in Brunei? What does an Interational student have to full when it comes to eligibility and requirements? We will go through a few details to ensure each international student finds the right scholarship that they lead them to studying in Brunei.
The prime scholarships available to international students from Brunei are government based.
When a student chooses or is selected to study in Brunei Darussalam this will take them to the exotic Southeast Asian Island of Borneo in the South China Sea. A near one hundred miles where the shoreline forms the western boundary of Brunei. However, the remainder is bordered by the nation of Malaysia.
Students will also be able to enjoy the subtle climate, where the rainforests provide a gorgeous view and an interesting research opportunity if the student is studying science as their career choice.
Most do not know that Brunei encourages their school children to attend at least 15 years of school! Where the literacy rate is an incredible 93%.
Check out these universities:
- University of Brunei Darussalam (UBD) – largest and most well-known international and public national university.
- University Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – the second oldest university founded in Brunei.
- Brunei Institute of Technology (ITB) – with 2008 issuing this institutes university status, international students and domestic students have been able to learn STEM and coding programs here.
- Laksamana College of Business (LCB) which is partnered with the United Kingdom’s (UK’s) Kensington College of Business – this is a private college where available student housing is part of the tuition cost. Always students here have the advantage of going between Brunei and the United Kingdom to finish semesters or their degree.
Scholarships in Brunei
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship – this scholarship helps students to earn a bachelor’s, master’s, or even a doctorate degree. This scholarship is open to all international students. Specifically, this is for international students to study in Brunei, so this means that Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents are not accepted. Individuals that do apply cannot be past the age of 35 years old.
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam Scholarship – is in connection and part of the government scholarship mentioned above. Students will need to contact the ministry of Brunei when they decide to attend the university of Brunei.
- Laksamana College of Business Scholarships – students can expect that this private institution gives out a 25% or 50% off of tuition however, this does not cover fees or admissions fees (this pays for sending in the admissions application, this is not related to tuition)
- Brunei Institute of Technology Coding Scholarships – students here will be able to understand and advance their knowledge on all coding languages that are current and trending. Students can expect to receive a fully-funded scholarship if they are chosen as the recipient.
- University Islam Sultan Sharif Ali Scholarships – while this university offers a few scholarships, the best candidate would be an individual who is fluent in Islamic studies and culture. Students will be able to earn a doctorate in Islamic studies if they provide to earn a higher education at this univeristy.