The 2022 Lester B. Pearson Full Scholarships at the University of Toronto provides an unmatched opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the most multicultural cities.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying in Canadian high schools. Each year, approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
Pearson Scholarship recipients will reap a host of financial benefits. Pearson International Scholars can be from any field taught at the University of Toronto, from Humanities, Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Physics, and Mathematical Sciences, Science, Business and Management, Engineering, Kinesiology, and Physical Education, Music to architecture.
Therefore, students who are brilliant should try to get this fully funded international scholarship in Canada. Details about eligibility and the application process are discussed in the following lines.
Study at the University of Toronto with the Lester B. Pearson Scholarships
Institutions where the studies will be carried out:
University of Toronto, Canada.
Levels and areas of studies:
Undergraduate in all areas of study offered by the University.
The Pearson Scholar can choose an area of study from 700 undergraduate programs in:
- life sciences
- computer’s science
- Music and Architecture
- Trade and Management
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Kinesiology and physical education
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
Who can participate ?:
All international students who are in their final year of high school or high school. In case the applicant has graduated from high school, graduation must be no earlier than June 2021.
Endowment of the scholarship:
- Tuition Fee Waiver, Full Tuition Sponsorship, Full Educational Expense
- Book purchase expenses
- Sponsorship of additional fees
- Full residency support for four years, free accommodation
- Free air ticket
- Financing for participation in conferences
Conditions that participants must meet:
To be eligible for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships, you must:
- Be an international student (that is, a non-Canadian student who requires a study permit).
- All international students who are in their final year of high school or high school. In case the applicant has graduated from high school, graduation must be no earlier than June 2021.
- Begin their studies at the University of Toronto in September 2022 (students already pursuing undergraduate studies cannot be considered; students who begin their studies in January 2022 at another undergraduate institution cannot be considered)
- The applicant must be nominated by the school.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto.
- Not having started postsecondary studies at any institute.
- Applicant must be a freshman graduate.
Documents required to apply for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarships:
- GRE certificate scores
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of all transcripts
- Motivation letter
- A copy of the passport valid for at least one year
- Personal Statement or Admission Essay
- Letters of recommendation from two of the former professors
- English proficiency certificate
Instructions to apply:
To apply for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarships, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school: High schools that have not yet been contacted / verified should submit an application to participate in our program, available here.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission within the corresponding deadlines. Please note that you will be considered for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarships for your first program choice at the University of Toronto. You can apply for several programs and you can receive admission to all of them; however, the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship, if awarded, will be limited to your first program choice at the University at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we have received a nomination and you have applied to college, you can complete the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Application online.
- Scholarship deadline: November 30, 2021
- OUAC (Ontario Universities’ Application Center) application deadline for students: December 14, 2021 (Please note that this is the final date for submitting an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended that you apply for admission through OUAC by November 7, 2021, as program slots fill up quickly and popular shows may close earlier.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 18, 2022