New technologies will be your great allies in this time of studies, since you will be able to have at your disposal different applications that will help you review and improve your pronunciation and writing.
On the other hand, you can also buy a book with grammar exercises to help you with this part of the exam. In the market, you will find different options and alternatives.
As we said before, it is important that you read in English so that you learn vocabulary, grammar and all kinds of expressions that can be used. But you should also practice writing because one of the parts of the exam is about it.
To practice you can write news summaries of books or anything you can think of, as long as you have someone who can correct it, although there are also forums where you can publish them and find out if they are well or what you need to improve.
The oral part is also necessary to practice. Speak in English with people who also have this need, surely in your city there are speaking groups that meet regularly to chat and improve pronunciation and understanding. For them.
Finally, make examples of exams from other years that you will surely find on the web, even on the page of the convening agency (the most recommended), or in specialized books and that will serve as a guide to see how they have been done in previous editions and Help you improve your test preparation.
- Scholarship year: 2020
- Country: Belgium
- Organization: Several organizations
- Study level: Doctorate
- Scholarship specialty: Human Sciences, Social Sciences, Several.
- Grant amount: N / A
- Deadline for Apply: March 2, 2020
Description of the award:
The Fund for Scientific Research (FWO) offers the special doctoral scholarship to candidates with high potential in Belgium.
The purpose of the special doctoral scholarship is to enable persons not employed in scientific research to complete a doctorate within one year and to obtain study leave from their current employer for this purpose.
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is an independent agency, which stimulates and supports revolutionary basic research in all scientific fields in the universities of the Flemish Community, including the associated research institutes.
- Hold a diploma at least equivalent to a master’s degree after a baccalaureate and issued by the competent institutions of one of the countries of the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
- You are permanently employed.
- You are not professionally involved in scientific research.
- Whether your employer is willing to grant you temporary leave or leave without pay for 1 year. You have the right to return to work after the end of the leave.
- You renounce any secondary activity and the associated remuneration.
- You have not previously received an FWO scholarship (not even in part).
- That you agree with the Research Integrity Claus
How to Apply:
- How to apply: You are contacting a promoter affiliated with a Flemish university who is ready to guide you as a doctoral student.
- The promoter is invited by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You submit your application online
- Your application is submitted to the Interdomain Panel.
- Link to Apply: Apply
- Official link: https://www.fwo.be/