The African Union Commission offers scholarships for the 2024 academic year. The Pan African University Scholarships are open for application and encouraged all outstanding African Students with Master’s and Ph.D. degrees to apply for the opportunity to fulfill their academic degree in Kenya.
Pan African University (PAU) stands as a distinguished consortium of universities across Africa with a resolute commitment to delivering high-caliber postgraduate education, striving towards the realization of a flourishing, unified, and harmonious continent. PAU has taken the initiative to extend scholarships to young, gifted individuals of African origin and the African diaspora, who aspire to undertake Masters or PhD programs at any of its four esteemed institutes.
Applicants who can demonstrate their motivation as professionals, industrialists, outstanding academics, innovators, and entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply for the scholarship program.
For the list of accredited institutions and related programs for the scholarship awards, the applicants must check the Pan-African University Institute and Program.
Scholarship Provider: Department of Higher Education and Training
Global scholarships and educational prospects present promising opportunities for African Students who seek to embark on their academic journey overseas to pursue their higher education. Studying abroad offers a remarkable opportunity to broaden one’s horizons, immerse in novel experiences, and connect with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds, thus acquiring an international education. The diverse set of skills acquired, both within and beyond the confines of the classroom, have the potential to fortify one’s capacity to contribute meaningfully to society and even enhance their appeal to prospective employers, provided they maximize the full potential of their international experience.
Source: Pan African University
The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) engages in numerous international scholarships and partnerships that provide assistance for African students to pursue thier higher education in other countries, DHET also collaborates with institutions and governments to support and promote the offering the international scholarships. Through their partnerships, post-graduate students are prioritized and particularly intended for the students who want to pursue their career in academics or in the skills area. There will be a limited number of opportunities available for the undergraduate student’s studies.
The responsibility of selecting or nominating students for scholarships lies with DHET (Department of Higher Education and Training). This selection process is characterized by transparency and rigor, with the primary objective of identifying the most exceptional candidates with the greatest potential for success. While a robust academic record is essential, equal importance is placed on a compelling motivation for the scholarship application, a well-articulated vision for future career goals, and a genuine dedication to fostering social and economic development within South Africa.
The Pan African University is a significant endeavor by the African Union’s Heads of State and Government. As a distinguished continental university network, its core mission revolves around delivering top-notch postgraduate education, aimed at realizing a prosperous, integrated, and harmonious Africa.
- Applicant’s Nationality: African Students
- Degree Level: Master’s and PhD
- Fields: Related programs for the scholarship
- Duration: NA
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Country: Kenya
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application the students must meet the eligibility criteria of the scholarship.
For Master’s Degree Applicant:
- Age requirement: Male applicants must be below 30 years old, while female applicants must be below 35 years old.
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must possess an Undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Academic performance: The degree should have at least a second-class upper division or its equivalent.
- Field relevance: The degree must be in a relevant field to the scholarship application.
For PhD Applicants:
- Age requirement: Male applicants must be below 35 years old, while female applicants must be below 40 years old.
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Source of Master’s degree: The Master’s degree can be obtained from either PAU or any internationally recognized university.
The scholarship awardees are required to be committed to work in Africa after their graduation.
The application can only be made strictly online on the online portal provided at the official website of the provider. It is important to complete all the information needed for the application form.
As part of the application process, eligible students are required to submit the following documents depending on their degree to better support their application.
Masters Degree Applicants:
- Certified true copies of relevant certificates and transcripts, including those from university and high school.
- A valid Passport or National I.D. card, specifically providing the personal details page.
- A clear colored passport-size photograph (dimensions: 2cmx2cm).
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A recommendation letter from one of the candidate’s former University lecturers.
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers, along with their email addresses and WhatsApp numbers (mandatory).
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written and/or oral examination after the pre-selection process.
Important Note for Master’s Degree Application
- Candidates applying for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programs must possess exceptional proficiency in at least one of the African Union’s official languages, which include Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Kiswahili, and Spanish.
- Academic competence must be demonstrated through academic transcripts at the bachelor’s level.
Ph.D. Degree Applicants
- Certified copies of pertinent certificates and transcripts.
- A valid Passport or National I.D. card, with a focus on the biometric or personal details page.
- A clear colored passport-size photograph with dimensions of 2cmx2cm.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Two recommendation letters from Professors.
- A three to four-page Research Concept Note, encompassing a tentative title, research questions, objectives, and the significance of the research.
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers, with mandatory inclusion of their email addresses and WhatsApp numbers.
- Full tuition fee cover
- Living Expenses
- Medical Insurance
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until September 10, 2023