Are you a leading society journalist and/or activist and wish to have a fully-funded scholarship in the United States? The global program called, Reagan-Fascell Democracy, supports civil society and academics around the globe to carry out a short-term study (5 months) at the facilities of the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), located in Washington DC
The main mission of the international project in the USA is to benefit professionals and academics who wish to learn and be trained in the methods and strategies for building solid democracies around the globe. The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Full Scholarship ensures student engagement with other partners, availability of resources for research and writing, opportunities to develop and maintain a connection with the global network of democracy advocates.
The program allows entry to any applicant, no matter if they come from a Democratic nation or not, developed country or not, all applicants who meet the skills and knowledge requested by the Reagan-Fascell Democracy World Scholarship will have the opportunity to apply. and possibly be among the shortlisted.
By obtaining everything you need in this five (5) month course of study in the United States, your chances of continuing your preparation or fulfilling your professional dreams abroad will be greater. You will be trained and gifted in fields such as politics, social, economy, legal, cultural, among others.
Win a study in the USA for journalists
Institutions where the studies will be carried out:
National Endowment for Democracy (NED), United States.
Levels and areas of studies:
Studies related to democracy.
Who can participate ?:
International aspirants, academics, and/or professionals in communication, journalism, civil society.
Endowment of the scholarship:
The Reagan-Fascell Democracy World Scholarship will provide the following funds to students who are winners of the five (5) month scholarship in the United States:
- Monthly salary.
- Health insurance.
- Roundtrip to and from Washington DC
- Living costs like food, transportation, lodging, basic necessities, and more.
- Fully equipped office.
- Long distance phone calls.
Conditions to be met by participants
- International aspirants who show interest in building democracy in the world.
- Present a project that focuses on the political, social, economic, legal or cultural aspects of democratic countries.
- Ensure availability and time to complete the five (5) month project in the USA.
- Have experience in promoting democracy or human rights in the country or region where you come from.
- Have completed the doctorate or equivalent academic degree at the time of application.
- Have a record of publications in their respective fields.
- Formulate a detailed research project outline for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Global Fellowship Program.
- Submit a formal application for the full democracy scholarship using the Reagan-Fascell project online entry system.
- Upon successful completion of the previous step, you will receive an email notification where it will be detailed that you must complete your admission by placing the information for the creation of a profile, where you will know how your application process is.
- Perfect command of the English language, it will be necessary for you to provide a certificate that demonstrates your level in that language because this award requires it.
Instructions to apply:
Supporting data: Transcripts and academic records, curriculum, personal data for the creation of the profile in the scholarship system, copies of the passport and legal information, certificate of English language proficiency, project proposal regarding the issue of democracy, among others. To learn more about the registration process, admission and benefits to be received, visit the official website of the world scholarship program in the USA, Reagan-Fascell Democracy 2021.
It is recommended and mandatory to fully fill in the application form (s) to enter the pre-selection process. If it presents empty or blank data, it will be rejected due to a lack of data.
Until October 1, 2021.