In Sudan not only is there an abundance of knowledge awaiting but students will be able to take an adventure to a part of the world where ancient culture has been preserved.
Some of the native languages in Sudan are Sudanese Arabic and English. This country is a highly multicultural and diverse place where it would not be strange to encounter several different languages.
Now for an international to study in Sudan they must be near fluent in Arabic. Considering that Sudan has 36 government universities and 19 private universities, in which instruction is primarily in Arabic. This means students should take it upon themselves to learn the native language so they can apply to the university of their choice and see if they will be accepted.
For example in Sudan when it comes to the study field of biomedical engineering, for a bachelor’s level for a full academic year it costs only 22,000 SDG. Which is an incredible thing considering how difficult that engineering field can be!
Another example to study in Sudan is by applying for admission to one of the universities that is in that country. Students can do this by following the guidelines that are required by the university.
For instance Sudan International University asks that students:
- Pick one of these fields: Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy, Medical laboratory Sciences, Dentistry, Network Management and design, Nursing Sciences, Information management and security, Internet systems development, Business computing, or Engineering.
- All students who attend must maintain the minimum requirement marks to pass these subjects: English, Math, biology, chemistry, physics plus any other two required subjects. Such as: Management Sciences, Economics and Banking, Business computing, Hotel and Tourism Management
- The student must show they are academically excellent in English and Math especially.
No matter what, students should always consult the university admissions office first. This can be done by following their guidelines and facts/answers section that is provided with every university’s website. Or students can utilize the contact information that is provided towards the bottom of every university website page.
Top universities in Sudan:
- Sudan University Of Science and Technology
- University of Khartoum
- International University of Africa
- Neelain University
- Ahfad University for Women
- National University-Sudan
- University of Gezira
- Shendi University
- Sudan International University
- National Ribat University
- Omdurman Islamic University
- Omdurman Ahlia University
- University of Medical Sciences and Technology
- Karary University
- Alzaiem Alazhari University
- Nyala University
- Nile Valley University
- University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences
- Al Fashir University
While this is not about scholarships, it is important information since students will need help with filling out both admissions and scholarships which can fall into a similar category.
Use the contact information
Nevertheless, students seeking more information should utilize the contact section that is part of every single scholarship post. This way students can contact the right individual ro admissions office to inquire more about the scholarship.
And it should be noted that this is the only official way to contact additional help in regards to the scholarship.
We solely just post information about a scholarship, but the information that is either contact or a website link that states the university or foundation is the direct access a student should use to properly access scholarship applications.