The foundation named the Centre for Economic, Legal and Social Studies (CEDEJ Khartoum) shares with the world and its students this scholarship Ph.D. opportunity which will last for one-full duration academic year.
This scholarship is a combined effort and is possible by the Centre for Economic, Legal, and Social Studies and the University of Khartoum. There will be themes suggested by the CEDEJ Khartoum that a presented to students that give a general view of what the foundation and university as looking for as research topics.
Are You Eligible for this Opportunity:
- This doctoral scholarship is only available to students who are studying social sciences and humanities. There is no exception for any other subject field that counts towards this scholarship.
- All applicants must be at the doctoral level of their degree upon applying.
- Applicants must be in their second or first year of their Ph.D. level studies.
- When it comes to social sciences and humanities, these programs count towards being eligible in this application: sociology, geography, political science, anthropology, economy, and law.
- Both domestic and international students are welcome to apply to study in Sudan at an accredited higher education institution and send in a complete application form for this scholarship.
- There are themes based on research thesis and discovery that the CEDEJ Khartoum have given that shows students what the foundation is looking for in the right candidate.
Requirements for this Scholarship
The biggest priorities and requirements for this scholarship ask students who apply to be a Ph.D. level individual within their first or second year of schooling. Secondly, the student must be studying under the field of social sciences or humanities. Thirdly, this student must be studying at an accredited Sudan college.
There are themes the CEDEJ Khartoum have given as a general guide. One of these themes is stated as ‘Relations between Sudan and its neighbors (e.g. Central Africa) (International Relations, migrations, trade, borders, conflicts…).’
Reward – Extra Benefits Included
This reward is strictly for research studies that students need extra funding for, in this case 2000 SDG will be gifted monthly for a full academic year to help any student pursue their research studies.
This amount can not be used for any other source. The 2000 SDG will be a total annual amount of 24,000 SDG.
When students need to look into securing a student visa, it will be based on where their passport or I.D. is from. For example, if a student who is Sudanese applies for this scholarship they will not need a student visa because they are a citizen of Sudan. If an international student from the United States applies they will need a student visa since they are not a citizen of Sudan.
Any non-citizen of Sudan will need a student visa upon arriving to the country.
How to Apply for this Scholarship
The best way to apply for this scholarship is by becoming a student or enrolling into a Sudan accredited college.
A list of these accredited colleges are:
- Sudan University Of Science and Technology
- Open University of Sudan
- University of Khartoum
- Neelain University
- Ahfad University for Women
- International University of Africa
- University of Gezira
- National University-Sudan
- Sudan International University
- Omdurman Islamic University
- Red Sea University
- Nile Valley University
- University of Dongola
- University of Medical Sciences and Technology
- Karary University
- Omdurman Ahlia University
- Al Fashir University
- Nyala University
- Wad Medani Ahlia University
There are many Sudan accredited colleges and higher education institutions available, simply put, students will need to do a bit of research based on which school has their subject field as a dedicated program based on social sciences and humanities.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame for this scholarship option is at least 4 months before the deadline exact date of December 15, 2023. This means from July or August of 2023 will become the next open submission opportunity.
There is only one official deadline date available for this doctoral scholarship CEDEJ Khartoum is on December 15, 2023. This is every academic year and since the 2022/2023 academic year deadline has passed, that just means students can plan on 2023 being the year they can submit to this scholarship opportunity in Sudan.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual opportunity that has the same deadline date each passing academic year as stated on the original website link. Luckily, students will find this scholarship easy to follow when it comes to rules and guidelines presented.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.