International Students are welcome to apply for the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Research Internship Program, Japan 2021-22. The scholarship covers research-level programs in any of the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology’s subjects. The scholarship deadline is March 31, 2022.
About the provider:
OIST is one of the most daring global research and education endeavors of the twenty-first century. They have strived to establish themselves as one of the world’s premier scientific research universities since the beginning. They were given a clear goal by the Japanese government to establish an international, interdisciplinary institution that will produce fresh discoveries, breakthrough innovation, and future leaders for a fast changing world and workplace. To be successful, they must hire the best people on the planet. In the end, a university’s reputation is determined by the quality of its teachers, students, staff, and management. Their teachers organize small research groups that work within a bigger context of support from the entire university. Researchers and graduate students can create multidisciplinary contacts and collaborations there, and they are encouraged to do so.
For selected applicants, OIST will give the following assistance.
- JPY 2,400 per working day (Non-taxable and weekends excluded)
- OIST Shuttle Bus Pass
- One direct round-trip air ticket (travel date will be the closest date to the term of placement)
- Furnished apartment on or off-camp
In addition, OIST will help with visa applications, insurance procedures, and local registration. This will be available just to the student. As a result, this does not apply to the student’s dependents or family members.
Eligibility for Scholarship
Excellent students in their final two years of undergraduate or master’s programs at universities, colleges, junior colleges, vocational schools in Japan or abroad, or graduates of such institutions, are eligible to apply for the OIST Research Internship Program. At the moment, enrolled students must obtain permission from their home institution. Applicants’ academic backgrounds should be relevant to their selected host unit(s) at OIST.
- Applicants must fill out an online application to be considered for the program.
- You can only submit your application once you have received at least one recommendation letter in the system.
- An auto-notification will be sent to you indicating that your application has been received. (Make sure you can receive emails from the @oist.jp domain by checking your settings.)
- Applications will be evaluated and selection will be done following the application period.
- Three months following the application deadline, the results will be announced on your application platform. When the result is available, you will be notified. (Applicants’ email services/settings may prohibit them from receiving our notifications in some situations.) Please validate that emails from the @oist.jp domain can be received in your inbox.)
- All relevant arrangements will be made in collaboration with the interns after final confirmation of internship offers. Your assistance is required to complete the logistics for the internship to begin, which may include visa preparations and other Japanese government papers.
The last date to apply for the Okinawa Institute Of Science And Technology Research Internship Program, Japan is 31 Mar 2022.