NLNG Scholarships 2022-2023 is ongoing!
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) is pleased to invite applications from qualified candidates for the NLNG Scholarship Program 2022-2023. This scholarship opportunity is open to all levels of study. It is an annual scholarship that everyone should keep an eye on.
NLNG Scholarships provide financial assistance to students who may not otherwise be able to afford their higher education and are intended to recognize and reward academic excellence.
Before applying for this scholarship, we recommend that you read this article to learn all the details about this scholarship: who is eligible for the scholarship, the value of the scholarship, how to apply, the application deadline, and other important information.
About NLNG Scholarships
Nigeria LNG Limited continues to focus on education and human capital development as areas of particular importance because these two areas are intrinsic and fundamental to national development.
- Undergraduate Scholarship – N150,000 per year for the duration of each awardee’s course.
- Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship USD67,500 per scholarship holder per study
- However, the actual cost per awardee varies between USD45,000 to USD67,500, depending on the course of study.
- Post Primary Scholarship- 342 beneficiaries
- Undergraduate scholarship 150 recipients
- Postgraduate scholarship abroad 15 beneficiaries
Level of study
- Post Graduate
- This scholarship will be held in Nigeria.
NLNG has three main tiers of scholarship schemes which include:
- #1. NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
- #two.NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- #3. NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
#1. NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
The scheme aims to help the six high-achieving students from the company’s host communities access post-primary education. The scheme started in 2012 with 28 beneficiaries and by 2019 had grown to 342 beneficiaries with a total sum of N825,300,000 ($2.697 million) spent to date.
Prospective students are admitted to the scheme through the application on the company website based on the announced criteria. A selection test is then carried out to place the best candidates in the scheme.
Any potential beneficiary must meet the following requirements:
- Be an indigenous person from the NLNG host communities.
- Being a basic student of 5 or 6
- Provide your Basic Five result
- You must provide a letter of certification signed and stamped by the principal of your school (the principal’s contact number must also be included)
- Provide an indigenous confirmation letter signed by the president or head of the CDC in your community.
- Provide a letter of identification from your Local Government Council.
- Not be a child or ward of Nigeria LNG Limited staff.
#2. NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
This was founded as a critical component of our educational intervention program for our host communities in 1998 and opened to the rest of Nigeria in 2003.
A total of 3,416 college students from various universities in Nigeria have benefited from the program and N768.9 million ($2.513 billion) have been invested in it. The introduction of online applications and the use of social networks (Facebook) for the dissemination of information in 2012 made the selection process more efficient and cost-effective, and increased awareness of the Program.
The value of the scholarship award is 150 naira per year for the duration of each fellow’s course. The scheme was revised from 000 beneficiaries per year to 150 as of academic year 300/2018.
Any potential beneficiary must:
- Have an excellent/very good West African School Certificate (WASC) or National Examinations Council Result (NECO) in ONE session
- Have a top score on the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) exam
- Be a full year certified student of any university in Nigeria at the time of application
- Not be in any other Scholarship Awards from other companies or agencies
- Not be a spouse, child, ward or direct relative of Nigeria LNG Limited staff
How to Apply for NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship 2022
Interested individuals should follow the link below to apply. All applications MUST include the following scans as attachments:
- Passport size photographs
- WASC or NECO result
- JAMB Result
- University admission letter
- University student card
- LGA Identification Card
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details as this will be used to communicate the status of the application.
- The application will be disqualified:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to the announced criteria.
#3. NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
This scheme was launched in October 2012 with an annual admission of 15 beneficiaries to study at leading UK universities.
The scheme covers these areas of study: environmental studies, engineering, management, accounting, economics, information technology, geology, banking, law and medicine.
The 2019 winners have started their programs at various UK universities. So far, 78 people have benefited from the scheme with a total expenditure of N1,308b ($4.27 million).
To be taken in (country): Scholarships are available at the following UK Universities: The University of Aberdeen, Cranfield University.
Field of study:
- Renewable energy
- Environmental studies
- management sciences
- computer technologies
- law firms of
- Have provisional admission from selected UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law, Medicine.
- Possess a minimum of an upper 2nd Class degree in a relevant field of study
- Have completed the NYSC program
- Nothing less than an IELTS of 8.0
- Not more than 30 years of age
- Be a Nigerian citizen residing in Nigeria
- Provide identification documents of your LGAs
- Possess a valid international passport to travel for at least one year from September 2018
- Being able to obtain a Tier 4 visa upon the success
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2018 if selected
- Not be a direct relative of Nigeria LNG Limited staff
Step By Step Guide On How To Apply For NLNG 202 Scholarships 2
To apply for the NLNG scholarships successfully, please follow the procedures below.
- Visit the Official NLNG Scholarship Website and select a form for the eligible category.
- Select your category (for example, undergraduate)
- Once you select a category, click “REGISTER”, you will be redirected to the application form
- Once you have finished filling out the form, click “SUBMIT”. Please review the form before submitting it to confirm that all information is correct.
NLNG Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for this scholarship application is Monday, April 18, 2022.
For further inquiries, please visit the scholarship webpage for more details
And now what?
Once you have completed the scholarship application, the next thing to do is wait for your name to be shortlisted and then proceed to the selection/interview.
To be among the next scholars for this prestigious award, you need tips on how to get the most out of your interview.
NLNG Scholarships 2022 FAQ
Who is eligible to apply for the NLNG scholarships?
The NLNG Scholarship is open to graduate, undergraduate, and postgraduate students
How many students receive the NLNG scholarships annually?
- Post-primary – 342 recipients
- Undergraduate students 150 beneficiaries
- Postgraduate – 15 beneficiaries
I sat for the WAEC/SSCE exam. Can I apply twice?
Yes! You can apply as there are provisions for you to insert those results accordingly.