A scholarship is a blessing for students who belong to the weaker sections of society, who for some reason cannot continue their education. The MHRD scholarship is an encouragement for students who are talented but do not have the resources to continue their studies.
There are different scholarships – merit-based, need-based, student-specific, career-specific, and college-specific.
The Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Higher Education offers national scholarships and also facilitates the nomination process for the external scholarships offered by different countries, to deserving and eligible students.
These MHRD scholarships are available to high school (class VI to class IX) and senior high school (class X to XII) students. The main part of the department behind this scholarship scheme is to help students, who are unable to continue their studies due to lack of money.
According to the latest official news, the online registration for the MHRD Online Scholarship has started.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development offers various scholarship programs like Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, and Merit Cum Means & Minority to all required candidates.
We suggest all SC/ST/OBC/Backward & Minority students to fill out the MHRD scholarship application form and complete their education without addressing the issue of money.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) was established on September 26, 1985, to play an important and restorative role in balancing the socio-economic structure of the country.
Because the citizens of India are its most valuable resource, our nation of one billion people needs care and attention in the form of primary education to achieve a better quality of life.
This justifies the general development of our citizens, which can be achieved by laying a solid foundation in education.
The national scholarships are:
- Central Sector Scholarship Program for College and University Students
The scheme has been operational since 2008. The aim of the scheme is to provide financial support to deserving students with a family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per year, to cover part of their daily expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Students who are above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream of a particular Class XII Examination Board and who follow the normal course and do not avail of the benefits of other scholarships are eligible to apply under this scheme.
The scholarship fee is Rs. 10,000/- per annum for the first three years and Rs. 20,000/- per year for the fourth and fifth years.
Click to download: The Guidelines.
- Special Scholarship for Jammu and Kashmir
The special scholarship scheme for Jammu and Kashmir aims to encourage the youth of Jammu and Kashmir to use educational institutions outside the state, which would give them the opportunity to communicate with their counterparts from the rest of the country, and thus participate in the mainstream. . The intention is to award 5,000 new scholarships each year.
The scholarship is intended to cover tuition and maintenance costs. The scholarship rate for general degree courses is Rs 30,000 per year, for engineering courses Rs 1.25 per year, and for medical studies Rs 3.0 per year. Fixed maintenance allowance of Rs. 1.0 lakh per annum is provided to all students within the time frame.
Click to download: Jammu and Kashmir Special Scholarship Program Guidelines.
- Scholarship Scheme for Students from the Non-Hindi Speaking States for Post-Matriculation Studies in Hindi
The goals of the Agreement are to encourage the study of Hindi in non-Hindi speaking states and to make state governments available adequate staff to teach people and other functions where knowledge of Hindi is essential.
The scholarship rate varies from Rs.300/- to 1000/-per month, depending on the course/stage of the study. This scheme is implemented through the UT/State government administrations.
Click to download: Guidelines Scholarship Scheme for Students from the Non-Hindi Speaking States in Post-Matric Studies in Hindi
Other MHRD scholarships available for this academic year include;
- Fall Admission Applications for Postgraduate Programs at Khalifa University of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi – (55.42 KB)
- Scholarship offered by the Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine for the academic year – (47 KB)
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of United Morocco to facilitate mutual recognition of academic qualifications – (5.09 MB)
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the French Republic to facilitate mutual recognition of academic qualifications – (1.63 MB)
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of Canada on Cooperation in Higher Education – (337.2 KB)
- Chinese Government Scholarship Corrigendum – (929.85 KB)
- Call for nominations for the UNESCO-Japan Prize for Education for Sustainable Development – (377.21 KB)
- Call for Nominations for the UNESCO Co-Sponsored Fellowship Program / People’s Republic of China (The Great Wall) – (628.89 KB)
- Taiwan Government Scholarship Program – (433.76 KB)
- Short-term secondment of Indian professors to the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, by the Government of India for a period of up to 16 weeks – Invitation for nominations for the semester beginning in August – (2.84 MB)
The amount of the MHRD Scholarship is Rs.6000/per year (Rs.500/per month).
MHRD Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- The scholarship amount in secondary and higher secondary status or equivalent classes IX to XII is payable for a maximum of four years for study in India only.
- This scholarship scheme at this stage is not payable for the Diploma/Certificate level course.
- Take advantage of this scholarship program in Class X and XII, students must clearly pass from Class IX to X and from Class XI to Class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks
- Prize winners must obtain a minimum of 60% grades on the Class exam (55% for SC/ST students).
Selection Process for the MHRD Scholarship
The Department will select the candidates on the basis of the written test. Each State/Union Territory will conduct its own competitive test for the selection of students for the award of the National Means cum Merit Scholarship. The state-level exam consists of the following two stages:
Mental Ability Test – This competition consists of 90 Multiple Choice Numerical Series, Perception of Patterns, Questions that test verbal and non-verbal metacognitive abilities such as – Reasoning and Critical Thinking, The question in the test can be about Analogy, Classification, Hidden Figures, etc. 90 minutes long.
Scholastic Aptitude Test – This competitive test consists of 90 multiple choice questions covering subjects namely Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies as taught in Classes VII and VIII. The duration of the test is 90 minutes.
How To Fill Out The MHRD Scholarship Form Accurately
- Visit the official website of the department.
- Then read the notification link on the home page.
- Choose the appropriate link and then click on it.
- Please enter all required information in the correct field carefully.
- Then upload all the essential documents, photos, and signatures.
- Finally, save it and take out the printouts for later use.
To access the site for more MHRD scholarships, click on the link below