The Israel Scholarships for International Students 2023 are now open for applications. If you’ve been dreaming of studying in Israel, this is your chance to grab an amazing opportunity!
The Government of Israel is delighted to extend scholarships to talented students from around the world, thanks to the Cultural Agreements it has established with various countries. These agreements ensure that students from Argentina to Austria, Belarus to Bulgaria, and even from Canada’s Quebec province to China can pursue their academic dreams in Israel. And that’s not all! The list goes on to include countries like Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Mexico, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, and Turkey. Phew! That’s quite a diverse range of countries covered!
Now, let’s dive into what you can expect when applying for these prestigious scholarships. Buckle up because it’s time to explore the fantastic opportunities that await you!
Here’s a handy table outlining the key details:
Table of Contents.
- How Much Are Israel Scholarships For International Students?
- Who can apply for the Israel Scholarships for International Students? | eligibility criteria
- The following countries have a special scholarship agreement:
- How to Apply for Israel Scholarships 2023 for International Students
- Presentation of the application | Backup documents
- When is the Israel Scholarships 2023 Application Deadline?
How Much Are Israel Scholarships For International Students?
Image source: Pexels
Now Let’s dive into the nitty-gritty details of the Israel Scholarships for International Students 2023. We’ve got some important terms and conditions for you to know, so pay close attention!
Now, keep in mind that the terms and conditions of the scholarship may vary from year to year, depending on the annual budget. But don’t worry; we’ll keep you informed every step of the way. Alright, let’s get into the exciting stuff!
First, there’s a possibility of being awarded either a full or partial scholarship. If you’re granted a full scholarship, that’s fantastic! But even a partial scholarship can be a great opportunity. So, let’s explore what’s included in each:
For those lucky recipients of a full scholarship, here’s what you can expect:
- Partial Enrollment: You’ll have the chance to enroll in your chosen program, but please note that it’s a partial enrollment.
- Monthly Allowance: You’ll receive a monthly allowance throughout one academic year, which spans 8 months. How awesome is that? It’s a little something to help you with your living expenses and make your time in Israel even more enjoyable.
- Basic Health Insurance: We care about your well-being, so we’ve got you covered with basic health insurance during your time in Israel. Ensuring you have peace of mind while pursuing your studies is essential.
Now, let’s move on to the partial scholarship, which still offers some fantastic benefits:
- Monthly Allowance: Similar to the full scholarship, you’ll receive a monthly allowance for one academic year, covering 8 months. This allowance will be your lifeline, helping you navigate your day-to-day expenses.
- Basic Health Insurance: Like the full scholarship, you’ll be provided basic health insurance during your stay in Israel. However, please note that for participants from Israel, Poland, and the Czech Republic, specific bilateral agreements exclude health insurance coverage. It’s always good to be aware of these details.
It’s important to note that the scholarship does not cover accommodation, transportation, or travel arrangements to and from Israel. These aspects are the responsibility of the applicant. So, make sure you plan accordingly and explore the various options available to you.
Another crucial point to remember is that the scholarships are awarded exclusively for studies at universities and programs approved by the Israel Council for Higher Education. We want to ensure you receive a top-notch education, so sticking to these approved institutions is a must.
Lastly, special scholarships will be awarded to those interested in Ulan language studies in the Ulan chosen by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If you have a passion for language and culture, this is an incredible opportunity to dive deep into the Ulan language.
Now that you’re armed with the essential terms and conditions, it’s time to start preparing your application.
Who can apply for the Israel Scholarships for International Students?
Let’s talk about eligibility for the Israel Scholarships for International Students 2023. We want to make sure you meet the basic requirements, so pay close attention to these details:
First things first, you must hold a BA or BSc degree, or a higher academic qualification, with a commendable record of academic achievement. We want to ensure that you’ve got the educational foundation to make the most out of this opportunity.
Next up, citizenship plays a role. To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to be a citizen of the country where you’re applying for the scholarship. It’s important to note that Israeli citizens are not eligible to apply. Sorry, folks! Additionally, you must be under the age of 35 at the beginning of the academic year. We’re all about supporting young talents in their educational pursuits.
You’ll need to obtain a student visa (A2) to navigate your studies smoothly. The visa will be issued by the Israeli Embassy or Consulate where you submit your application. Make sure to check the specific requirements and procedures for your country to ensure a smooth visa process.
Now, let’s talk about language proficiency. To apply for the scholarship, you’ll need to provide proof of English or Hebrew language proficiency. Depending on your chosen program, the language requirements may vary. Be sure to meet the necessary language standards to demonstrate your ability to excel in your studies.
Lastly, meeting the academic requirements set by the Israeli university of your choice is essential. The scholarship will only be awarded once the institute approves your acceptance as a candidate. We want to ensure you’re a great fit for the program and that you’ll thrive in your academic journey.
Phew! That covers the basic eligibility requirements. Remember, meeting these requirements is crucial to ensure your application gets the attention it deserves. Take some time to review these details thoroughly and make any necessary preparations to meet the criteria.
The Following Countries Have a Special Scholarship Agreement
Attention is directed toward the wide range of scholarship opportunities offered by Israel to students from various countries around the world. Eligibility is extended to citizens of Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Great Britain, Finland, France, Luxembourg, Japan, Norway, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and Russia, creating a diverse pool of potential recipients.
The available scholarships encompass a variety of types, excluding veterinary and medical studies. Among the options are the summer language courses, commonly known as Ulpan, which provide an immersive experience in the Hebrew language. Additionally, there is the one-academic-year scholarship, spanning from October to June, catering to master’s, doctoral, post-doctoral, and research studies. This scholarship lasts a maximum of eight months, allowing ample time for academic pursuits.
The field of study is not a limiting factor, as the selected universities offer programs in various disciplines. Both undergraduate and graduate students can find suitable programs that align with their interests and goals.
These scholarships offer recipients the opportunity to study in Israel, immersing themselves in the country’s rich history, vibrant culture, and warm hospitality. It is a chance to broaden their horizons and create lifelong memories.
The eligibility extends to students from countries such as Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Canada (Province of Quebec), China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Mexico, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, and Turkey. Israel opens its doors to talented individuals from these nations, fostering an environment of diversity and cultural exchange.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to seize this incredible opportunity, explore the available scholarships, and embark on an unforgettable academic journey in Israel. The pursuit of education knows no boundaries, and Israel eagerly awaits the arrival of these international students, ready to support and witness their growth and success.
How to Apply for Israel Scholarships 2023 for International Students
To start the application process, please contact your local Israeli embassy to verify the exact date for submitting applications and to receive more detailed information on the candidate selection process for your country’s scholarship.
Presentation of the application | Backup documents
Before downloading and completing the application forms, please read these important instructions carefully. Applications must include:
- Completed application form Download application forms
- Detailed letter describing the field the applicant intends to study in Israel, specifying the university they wish to attend
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of letters exchanged with Israeli universities, or in the case of a research or post-doc, the relevant Israeli supervisor. Not required for the Ulpan scholarship.
- Official original academic records (or notarized copies) of all relevant study and test scores, diplomas attesting to the completion of an academic degree, including a transcript of the student’s records
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from the professors/professors who taught the candidate
- Three photographs (3)
- Health certificate
When is the Israel Scholarships 2023 Application Deadline?
The deadline for submitting application forms is normally no later than November 30. On the other hand, the final decision on the award of a scholarship will be made around June of each year.
The MFA will notify the candidate of their acceptance to the scholarship program.
For more details, write to the following email address: [email protected] Download files.