Applications for the Belgian Government Scholarship for Master and Training Courses are now open. The program offers candidates the opportunity to pursue a year-long advanced bachelor’s or master’s program or a 2-6 month continuing education program at a Wallonia-Brussels Federation higher education institution in Belgium.
Every year the international scholarship program in Belgium called ARES offers the possibility to students from only four countries of the Latin American continent to continue with their educational goals in the aforementioned European country.
The program is open to nationals of developing countries with professional experience who wish to further their knowledge in a development-related topic.
Application for the program is completely free and ARES (L’Académie de Recherche et d’Enseignement supérieur) does not charge fees at any stage of the application or selection process.
Belgium is one of the best study destinations in the world. The country has three official languages (Dutch, French, and German) and its capital, Brussels, is the seat of the European Parliament and NATO. This allows students to have many job opportunities in these organizations or in other affiliated organizations. Tuition fees are believed to be low compared to other EU countries.
Full ARES Scholarships in Belgium 2023
Institutions where you will study:
Higher education institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium.
Levels and areas of studies:
Advanced Degree Programs for 2023-2024:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Data Analysis.
Advanced Master’s Programs for 2023-2024
Below is the list of Master’s program courses financed by ARES for the 2023-2024 call:
- Master’s Degree in Human Rights
- Master in Risk and Catastrophe Management in the Anthropocene Era
- Specialized Master in Integrated Health Risk Management
- Specialized Master in International and Development Economics
- Specialized Master in Microfinance
- Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology
- Specialized Master in Public Health Sciences – Analysis and Evaluation of Policies,
- International Health Programs and Systems
- Specialized Master in Transport and Logistics
- Specialized Master in Social Innovation Design
- Master of Specialization in the Water-Energy-Food Nexus
Continuing education programs for 2023-2024
Below is the list of continuing education program courses financed by ARES for the 2023-2024 call:
- Continuing Education in Data Science for Global Health
- Continuous training in digital university pedagogy
- Interuniversity and Interdisciplinary Certificate in Transitional Justice
- Continuous training – Understand and manage the human dimensions of change projects in sustainable development
- Continuous training in quality assurance and control of medicines and health products
- Continuous training in Open Geographic Information Systems
Who can participate?:
Students from the following list of countries are accepted to participate in the admission process to opt for a place and the respective scholarship.
It may interest you:
Full scholarships in the Belgium VLIR-UOS program
Scholarship for advanced Bachelor’s and Master’s programs:
- International travel expenses: Economy class travel on an IATA-approved airline, with a maximum of one round-trip ticket per academic year.
- Living allowance: Lump sum for the duration of 12 months.
- Mission Overhead: Lump sum. This amount is delivered once per stay, upon arrival of the Scholar.
- Registration fees: According to the current rate for DGD scholarship holders.
- Insurance costs: Paid directly by ARES.
For Continuing Education Scholarships
- International travel expenses: Economy class travel on an IATA-approved airline, one round trip ticket.
- Living allowance: Lump sum for the duration of the course.
- Indirect mission costs: Lump sum for the duration of the course.
- Insurance costs: Paid directly by ARES.
Conditions that participants must meet:
- Be a national, reside and work in one of the eligible countries.
- University-level degree (300 ECTS credits) of Belgian university studies for advanced master’s degrees and continuing education courses (equivalent to Bac+5).
- Be in possession of a diploma comparable to a university-level degree (180 ECTS credits) for advanced studies of a bachelor’s degree (equivalent to Bac+3).
- The candidate must have been in possession of the corresponding academic title for a maximum of 20 years at the time of starting the course. This maximum period is increased by one year for birth and/or adoption. Be in possession of a title equivalent to:
- Possess relevant professional experience in an ARES partner country of at least two years after undergraduate studies for advanced bachelor’s degrees, advanced master’s degrees, and continuing education courses.
- Fill out the application in the language in which the training is given and prove a good written and oral knowledge of it. In addition, knowing a minimum of French allows a good integration into daily life in Belgium.
- Submit the application for only one training course.
Instructions to apply to the ARES Scholarships in Belgium:
To apply for the ARES scholarship to study in Belgium, applicants must click the application button below to create an account on the GIRAF platform and follow the instructions to submit their applications. The newly created account will be validated (between a few hours and a few days, do not create more than one account) by ARES and you will receive a confirmation email to create a password. If you created a validated account last year, you can reuse that account and, if necessary, reset your password.
- Once connected to the GIRAF account, you will be able to access the application form through the Contest Calls tab of the GIRAF profile. Keep in mind that you only have to click once on the “International training application 2023-2024” button. Below, you will find the form in the section “My tasks of the Calls in competition”.
- You can fill out the form multiple times if you use the “Save and edit later” option. You will find the form each time in the My tasks section of the Calls for contests tab in GIRAF.
- As soon as you click on “Send my request”, the request will be sent to ARES and you will no longer be able to modify it. You will still be able to consult it in the My sent files section.
Until January 27, 2023