Welcome to the US! As a freshman, you are just starting your college journey and there is a lot to look forward to. It can be a challenging time as you adjust to college life, but it can also be an exciting and rewarding experience. Here are a few tips that might help you as you get started:
Make the most of your classes: Attend all of your classes, take notes, and participate in class discussions. This will help you get the most out of your education and be better prepared for exams.
Get involved on campus: Join clubs and organizations that interest you. This is a great way to meet new people and make the most of your college experience.
Take care of yourself: Make sure to get enough sleep, exercise, and eat well. These things are important for your physical and mental health.
Seek help when you need it: Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you are struggling with your coursework or adjusting to college life. There are many resources available to you, including tutoring centers and counseling services.
Studying abroad can be a fantastic opportunity to learn about new cultures, gain independence, and broaden your horizons. It can also be a challenging experience as you adapt to living in a new country and possibly learning a new language. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your study abroad experience:
- Embrace the opportunity to learn: Studying abroad is a great opportunity to learn about new cultures and ways of life. Be open to trying new things and learning as much as you can about your host country.
- Be flexible and adaptable: Studying abroad can sometimes involve unexpected challenges or changes in plans. Try to stay flexible and adaptable, and remember that it’s okay to make mistakes as you navigate your new environment.
- Stay connected with home: It’s natural to miss your friends and family while you’re abroad, so make an effort to stay connected with them. Use video chat, social media, and other forms of communication to stay in touch.
- Take care of yourself: Make sure to take care of your physical and mental health while you’re abroad. Eat well, exercise, and take time to relax and recharge.
- Have fun: Finally, make sure to have fun and enjoy your study abroad experience! This is a unique opportunity to learn and grow, so make the most of it.
As a freshman, you also need to understand that getting a scholarship is not very easy due to the battle for the few available positions. However, you have access to the scholarship opportunities available through the Dixie State University International Freshmen Merit Scholarships at Dixie State University USA 2023.
The goal of this program is to fund fees for Fresh international students directly admitted to a university’s Bachelor’s Degree Program at the university.
About Dixie State University
Dixie State University is a comprehensive public university committed to rigorous learning and enrichment in the professional and personal lives of its students and community. They achieve their goals by providing opportunities that engage the unique environment and resources of southern Utah.
About Dixie State University Freshman International Merit Scholarships
The International Freshmen Merit Scholarship is a merit-based tuition waiver for new degree-seeking F-1 international students who are directly admitted to a bachelor’s degree university program.
These scholarships are available to students pursuing an undergraduate program.
Field of study:
Freshmen Merit Scholarships are available in any choice course at the university.
The award is for $4,500 for the first academic year; $2,250 for the first fall and $2,250 for the first semester of spring enrollment and applies to tuition only.
Country of study:
The International Merit Scholarship Program for Freshmen will take place in the United States.
The total number of awards under this scholarship is not specific.
All international students are eligible to be recipients of the International Merit Scholarships for Freshmen.
All interested applicants;
- Must be a new F-1 grade college student, an international degree-seeking student applying to Dixie State University.
- You must possess citizenship in the United States.
- Must be an international student who meets the following criteria: 3.0 GPA or equivalent score OR ACT of 26+ or SAT score of 1240+
- You must maintain a minimum 3.2 GPA each semester.
- Must possess English proficiency scores (TOEFL – 68, IELTS – 6.0 OR evidence of primary language of instruction in secondary school is English
Last application delivery date:
The application deadline for the International Freshmen Merit Scholarships is July 1, 2023
The application mode is online. Click here to apply on the Official Portal
You can start the application by clicking on Online Application and get more details by clicking on the Scholarship Link