Yonsei University invites all eligible international students to apply for the Yonsei GSIS-NIIED Global Korea Scholarship Award for the academic year 2023-2024. International students who want to pursue their higher degree in South Korea can now start their application, intended to support the students through a fully-funded award. The scholarship is funded by the Ministry of Education in Korea.
To help lessen the financial burden of every student, Yonsei University manually provides a scholarship to deserving outstanding international students. Its mission is to provide a high-quality education to develop the new generations of leaders and build more skills and knowledge for their personal and professional development. Twenty outstanding international students will be awarded this year, the list of numbers per country can be found at the official website of the provider.
Scholarship Provider: Yonsei University
About the Provider
Leader institutions across all fields have two normal key fixings: an engaged mission and incredible individuals to satisfy it.
As Korea’s most memorable professional school devoted solely to worldwide issues, Yonsei University’s Graduate School of International Studies (GSIS) makes them supersede its mission: to empower the graduates to become individuals from a “Worldwide Corps”.
The Graduate School of International Studies at Yonsei University was laid out in 1987 as a leader in professional studies programs in Korea. The establishing inspiration of the Yonsei Graduate School of International Studies was to fulfill the developing worldwide need for international institutions and to prepare people to become worldwide specialists.
The Yonsei Graduate School of International Studies is Korea’s driving professional graduate school of international studies. The dynamic and thorough educational plan outfits students with hypothetical information and viable abilities important to succeed worldwide, in the private and public areas
The Yonsei Graduate School of International Studies procured the differentiation of being a “university to deliver international pioneers” by the Service of Training and was granted the situation with “official professional school” in November 1999 in acknowledgment of its worldwide seriousness and foundation of prestigious doctoral projects. The Yonsei GSIS keeps on keeping up with its distinction and ability in giving great international schooling, related to advancing endeavors towards encouraging capable people in different areas of international studies.
The Center for International Studies (CIS), established in March 1997, is the research center of the Graduate School of International Studies, Yonsei University. The CIS targets advancing and supporting research exercises that are hypothesis-creating and strategy important too as those that can assist with teaching equipped international specialists in the fields of international trades, security and improvement collaboration, international associations and regulation, and region studies.
The principal strength of the CIS lies in its interdisciplinary research. Factors influencing international relations are so different and multi-faceted that nobody’s academic discipline is probably going to give good clarifications and arrangements. Accepting the interdisciplinary point of view as a basic element of international studies, they support the research projects traversing various fields of international relations.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Master’s and Doctoral Degrees
- Field: Any eligible fields at the university
- Number of Awards: 20
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Scholarship Country: South Korea
- Duration: NA
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested international students must meet the following eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- The applicants must be holding citizenship of the NIIED-designated countries that are encouraged to apply for the program.
- The applicant’s guardians or parents should not be a citizen of Korea, Assuming that candidates or their parents hold double citizenship (one who has both Korean citizenship and citizenship of another nation), the candidate isn’t qualified to apply
- Candidates and their parents or guardian who had recently held Korean citizenship must submit documentation given by the Korean government that demonstrates their renunciation of Korean citizenship
- In the event that an applicant‟s citizenship is changed during the selection process, the person will be rejected from the assessment. (Not pertinent to Research and development program)
- Master’s Degree applicants must be holding a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and Ph.D. degree applicants must be holding a master’s degree or equivalent in any accredited university or college.
- Can demonstrate their academic achievements or meet the required CGPA of the university for their degree program.
- Must be under 40 years of age at the time of their application.
- All applicants must be in their good health, and mentally and physically fit to study in South Korea for the full duration of their degree program.
- The applicants who have studied online at any Korean University are not eligible to apply for the scholarship as well as the individuals who are already in the final year of their degree.
- An individual who had recently been selected for a degree program through a Korean government-supported grant program other than the NIIED- scholarship program is not eligible to apply.
Interested applicants may complete their application through an online portal provided by the university.
As part of the application process, interested students must submit the following:
- GKS Complete Application Form
- Personal Statements
- Study Plans
- Personal Medical Assessments
- Applicant Agreement
- Apostille or Korean Embassy Verified Bachelor’s Transcript
- Apostilled or Korean Embassy Verified Bachelor’s Diploma or Graduation Certificate
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Language Proficiency Proof
- Copy of Passport
- Both Parent’s or Guardian’s Passport
- Proof of Family relationship
- Agreements for the Use of Personal Data
- Research Proposal
- Writing Samples
Yonsei GSIS-NIIED Global Korea International Scholarship Program will be providing the following awards to successful international students:
- Airfare tickets
- 200,000 KRW Settlement Allowance
- Monthly Allowance for Master or Doctoral Degree amounting to up to 1.5 Million KRW
- Medical Insurance
- Korean Proficiency Grants
- Research Support Fees
- Language Training Fees
- Tuition Fees
The deadline to complete and submit the application is still open until March 17, 2023.