Are you one of the international students who are unable to fund their education and want to study abroad? If so, here is your chance to join the International Scholarship in Taiwan that is funded by the Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund. The International Scholarship for Higher Education is intended for the academic year of 2022-2023 for the outstanding international students who will be commencing their degree in bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. in any of the accredited colleges, institutions, or universities in Taiwan.
International education is one of the TaiwanICDF’s middle operations, amongst many others. Human assets improvement packages play a crucial position in supporting companion nations to attain sustainable improvement, and education is an important mechanism for workforces and development in growing nations.
Yearly, the Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund supports international students by giving scholarships to support higher education in partnership with different universities in Taiwan to help undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. degree students further and develop their education and are more prepared in their future careers.
Scholarship Provider: Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund
About the Provider
Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund is devoted to boosting socio-monetary development, that helps improve human resources and promoting financial relations in various growing associate countries, and additionally providing humanitarian help or services and that presents useful resources or aid solutions withinside the event of natural disasters, epidemic or global refugee crises.
Their mission is to offer a wide range of assistance that focuses on:
- Investment and Lending
- Humanitarian Services
- Technical Cooperations
- International Education
Most funds are currently being used to the mission of the organization. Every new mission from the TaiwanICDF proceeds in line with a rigorous task cycle and is subsidized with the aid of using signed in covenant cooperation with applicable investment partners. Their initiatives are designed to cope with the strategic improvement desires of every associate country, pay due consideration to related nearby trends, and maximize outcomes with the aid of using the proper aggregate of technical and capital cooperation.
Degree Level: Undergraduate, Graduate, and Ph.D. degree
Number of Awards: The number of awards will be depending on the decision of the organization.
Field Courses: Any of the eligible courses for all Degree level
Access Mode: Online and Offline access
Country of Scholarship: Taiwan
Academic year: 2022-2023
Eligible Nationality: International Students
Awards: Fully funded
All international students are eligible to apply for the scholarship, the students must meet the criteria given by the organization such as:
- International students who can be admitted to the partner university of TaiwanICDF.
- Posses good and right conduct and doesn’t have any previous records on any of the universities.
- Must be able to meet the required VISA
- The students must not apply to any other scholarships in Taiwan.
The students must also consider the eligibility requirements of the university as the second review of the application will be based on the university and how the students meet each criteria of eligibility.
To be able to apply for the scholarship, the international students must be able to be admitted to any of the partnered universities of the TaiwanICDF. The scholarship application program can be accessed to an online portal that will be provided and all applicants must be able to submit the following documents:
- Letter of references
- Copy of the student’s passport
- Identification that can show proof of nationality
- other documents for proof of nationality
- High School Diploma
- Highest level Certificates
- Transcript of academic records
- Any documents related to the ROC of the Taiwan Embassy, Consulate, or Representative office.
Reviewing the Scholarship Application
The ROC of Taiwan will be conducting a review on the students who will apply for the scholarship that will be based on the eligibility and the given criteria of the Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund, the first review of the application will be held in March 31, 2022.
The second review of the applicant’s application will be conducted by the university partner of the Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund. The review will be organized individually. The second review of the application will be based on the eligibility requirements of the university and their selection criteria.
Scholarship Scope of Awards
The successful recipients of the award will be receiving the following award provided by the TaiwanICDF.
- Airfare Tickets: An economy class direct flights to home country and from Taiwan
- Accommodation: All successful students will be residing in the dormitories that will be provided.
- Tuition Fee: full coverage of tuition fees will be fully provided by the TaiwanICDF.
- Credit Fees: fees will be depending on the number of credits that are being registered. The credit fees are also covered and they will be required in the partnered universities.
- Insurance: the students who are currently under the scholarship and being registered as students in Taiwan are mandatory to have their students insurance that is being given by the Ministry of Education for the medical and accident coverage of every student.
- Books: the books are required and must be approved by the student’s university
- Monthly Stipend: the international students who will be the recipients of the scholarship program will be receiving up to $500 every 2 months while studying in Taiwan.
The application for the scholarship starts January 1, 2022, and all applications must be completed on March 15, 2022. All applications through online forms and necessary documents must be completed. All incomplete applications will not be considered by the TaiwanICDF.
After the 2nd review of the student’s application, the TaiwanICDF will be announcing their list of scholarship beneficiaries around June 10 of 2022 and the successful students will be receiving an acceptance letter through their email on to whom they applied.
Please note that the admission acceptance is different from the scholarship acceptance letter that will be issued only by the TaiwanICDF. Students must read and agreed on the terms and conditions attached to the application portal. The terms and conditions of the scholarship may be revised without further notice.