The application for the Erasmus Mundus in Plant Breeding(emPLANT+) Scholarship is now open and international students are encouraged to apply with fully-funded awards that will help them achieve their Master’s degree at European University. Six universities and graduate schools in Europe will be participating in the scholarship and students can choose which university they can attend.
The scholarship will be awarded for up to two years and students can gain more knowledge and skills to develop their careers in Agriculture, Pant Biology, Master 1 Genetics, Molecular Bioscience, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, and other related fields.
The scholarship was being organized by six universities across Europe:
- Università Degli Studi di Milano, Italy (UMIL)
- Institut Polytechnique UniLaSalle, France (ULS)
- Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain (UPV)
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences – Vienna, Austria (BOKU)
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden (SLU)
- Szent István University, Hungary (SZIU)
The Erasmus Mundus in Plant Breeding(emPLANT+) Scholarship for Masters Degree International Students which is offered by a consortium of six universities in Europe aims to face the challenges of global changes as the population grows and to direct the issue of climate change.
The objective of the scholarship is to develop a remedy for the lack of qualities of talented and skilled plant breeders. The scholarship wants to provide international students with a fully-funded award that will help them to fulfill their careers and a training program.
Erasmus Program General Information
Erasmus+ is the EU Program in the fields of education and training, sports, and youth for the period 2021-2027. Education and training, youth, and sports are key regions that help residents in their own professional turn of events. Top caliber, comprehensive education, and training, as well as casual and non-formal learning, at last, prepare youngsters and members of any age with the capabilities and abilities required for their significant support in a just society, intercultural understanding, and effective change in the work market. Expanding on the outcome of the program in the period 2014-2020, Erasmus+ reinforces its endeavors to build the valuable opportunities proposed to additional members and to a more extensive scope of associations, zeroing in on its subjective effect and adding to additional comprehensive and firm, greener and carefully fit social orders.
European residents should be better outfitted with the information, abilities, and capabilities required in a progressively changing society that is progressively portable, multicultural, and computerized. Investing energy in one more country to study, learn, and work ought to turn into the norm, and the chance to learn two different dialects notwithstanding one’s primary language ought to be proposed to everybody.
Supporting and working with the transnational and worldwide participation between associations in the fields of education and training, youth, and sports is fundamental to enabling individuals with additional key capabilities, diminishing early school leaving and perceiving abilities obtained through formal, casual, and non-formal learning. It works with the flow of thoughts and the transmission of best practices and mastery and the improvement of computerized capacities hence adding to a great education while fortifying social union.
The Erasmus+ Program is one of the European Association’s most noticeable examples of overcoming adversity. It expands on the accomplishments of over 30 years of European programs in the fields of education, training, youth, and game, covering both an intra-European as well as a worldwide organizations aspect.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Academic Year: 2023-2025
- Field: Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Agriculture, Master 1 Genetics, Plant Biology, Molecular Bioscience.
- Number of Awards: 88
- Duration: Two years
- Scholarship Awards: Fully funded
- To be taken at the following countries: France, Italy, Hungary, Sweden, Vienna Austria, Spain
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
People comprise the fundamental objective populace of the Program. Notwithstanding, the Program contacts these people basically through associations, establishments, bodies, or groups that coordinate such exercises. The states of admittance to the Program hence connect with these two participants: the “members” (people taking part in the Program) and the “taking part associations” (counting casual groups and independently employed persons ). For the two members and partaking associations, the circumstances for cooperation rely upon the country wherein they are based.
- The applicants must have be holding a bachelor’s degree minimum of 180 ECTS.
- The applicant must be a holder of the program eligible for the scholarship.
- Must have good communication skills in oral or written English.
- All nationalities are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
To better understand the program, international students whose first language is not the English language are required to provide proof of English proficiency score.
- B2 in English if English is your primary language
- IELTS score of 6.5
- TOEFL score of paper-based of 575, written 4.5, 190 computer-based, and 90 on internet based.
- A university letter can also be submitted to attest your English is the instruction of your last higher education.
- The application can be made in an online portal provided by the European Commission.
- The application must be completed in the English language.
- The application online procedure will take some time, applicants must make sure that they have enough time to complete the process.
- Before starting the application it is important to check all the necessary documents needed to upload on the application portal.
- All required documents must be in the English language, if not it is recommended to have them translated by an approved translator.
- Only one application is allowed.
- The applicants can apply for an EMJMD scholarship to any of their preferred Erasmus+ Erasmus Mundus courses however for a provided academic year the number of utilizations should be restricted to the three different joint programs
As part of the application process the student must be able to submit the following:
- Transcript of records
- Official Langauge certificates
- Passport copy
- Two recommendation letters
- Prof of residency
- Declaration of honors
- and other relevant documents t support the application.
The successful students will be receiving a fully funded award that covers the following:
- Tuition fee
- Travel expenses
- living allowance
- installation costs
The scholarship will be awarded for up to two years.
Scholarship Deadline for Application
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until January 12, 2023.