This scholarship takes place at the University of Malta, under their postgraduate and doctoral research programs. Those available programs are within these field studies:
- Aircraft Design
- Anglo-Italian Studies
- Applied Biology
- Applied Biomedical Science
- Applied Chemistry
- Architectural Design
- Archive Studies
- Computer Studies
- Conflict Resolution
- Consumer Studies
- Contemporary Literature
- Contemporary Mediterranean Studies
- Corporate Finance
Many many more field studies are available, above is simply a small list of what studies are readily available.
The University of Malta is known as a higher education research institution that has essentially been around since 1592 in some educational form.
With at least 14 active school facilities dedicated to different subjects such as: Built Environment, Medicine and Surgery, Arts, Travel and Culture, Management, Accountancy, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Information and Communication Technology, Laws, and Media & Knowledge Sciences.
As a matter of fact the University of Malta may have one of the largest academic major options in the world. There is virtually every subject available for students to study.
Generally, students that study history or language would see a great opportunity in the University of Malta. With a grand amount of resources dating back to the 1500’s, historians have been able to routinely find factual events by record account, by simply going to the University of Malta.
- Only non-EU international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The only non-eligible part is that any student taking primarily a MBA-type program, is deemed not the correct criteria for this scholarship application.
- Students must be either a postgraduate or taking a doctoral program.
- Students will need to provide enough research to show that they are a great fit for this scholarship opportunity.
- Students will have to show why the University of Malta would be their first pick and why the university would be able to provide enough resources for their research project.
- Students should be over the age of 18 years old
- All applicants will need a student visa to study in Malta
- Students will need to either live on campus or find appropriate accommodation as well
The following documents are required official documents that are needed when applying for this scholarship:
- Applicant must present a motivational letter
The two above mentioned documents must be attached with the scholarship application (the application is available on the website, through the link that is attached to this article.)
When applicants are picked from the final round, the committee may interview those applicants.
How to Apply
The best way to apply is by clicking on the application package that is available through the given link on this page.
This is the only way to apply, and the application will specify what other documents may need to be photo scanned before submitting.
Reward – Extra Benefits
Applicants that become the recipient of this scholarship award can benefit from a 10 – 90% or even a full coverage tuition wavier. That means a student can show that if their financial means is far below the normal average, that student will receive a full tuition coverage. They will attend the University of Malta for free.
However, the scholarship committee board does take in these few things into action before awarding a student, such as:
- Will the student’s research bring change of significant value to the institution?
- What other financial funding or means is being given to the student?
- Depending on which country the student is from, is there a possible benefit or mutual understanding that would be a priority to the foreign and/or economic policy of the Malta Government?
- What personal circumstances may interfere or provide adequate need, as the student proceeds further into their dedicated research?
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline that is stated for admissions October 21, 2022. This is strictly for postgraduates programs and courses. If students miss this date, they will have to apply for either the next year or go with a whole different scholarship opportunity all together.
However, if the student is awarded but stops meeting the criteria that are expected, the student will be deemed unfit to receive the scholarship.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame begins in April of 2022. This scholarship is for the 2023 class that will become postgraduate or doctorate students. So any master’s level students would be an excellent fit for this scholarship option.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This scholarship is an annual reward, however, students may be able to renew this scholarship opportunity for two years. There are many rules and guidelines that the potential recipients should follow to stay within the scholarship status. Otherwise, if the student does not, they can lose the scholarship funding. Also, students should not switch field study majors during this time.
The University of Malta offers other scholarships which include:
- Scholarships for Tunisian Nationals offered through Official Development Assistance from the Government of Malta and the University of Malta
- Scholarships for Palestinian Nationals offered through Official Development Assistance from the Government of Malta and the University of Malta
- Master of Arts (Research on Islands and Small States)