Amazingly, Central University located in Ghana was founded in 1984. However, it would take a decade-plus to install the official School of Graduate Studies in 2011.
The university’s origins are considered within a short-term Pastoral training institute. These do fall under certain rules and guidelines that students will need to read about and follow. Later on, the university became incorporated under a new name and the name everyone knows it by now, Central Bible College. Yet, back in the year 1993, the name was changed to now the world-known Central Christian College.
After updating all of the available programs to the baccalaureate level. This has allowed all of the programs to become in line with national aspirations. Thus allowing for expanded potential and allowing its programs to include an integrated and practice-oriented business school, named Central Business School.
The full entry requirements that a student must meet to become a member of Central University involves:
- Taking the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
- Taking the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
- Receiving a General Certificate of Education
- Must have acquired entry within levels 200 and 300
- Admission through Mature Students’ Entrance Examination
Programs that are available for undergraduates:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Environment and Development Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in French
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Management Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Planning
- Bachelor of Science in Real Estate
- Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Science in Landscape Design
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistantship
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
These programs are only (as already stated) for undergraduates. Students who wish to apply to a higher level program will find so on the website link that is provided on this page.
- This scholarship was designed for students that face financial issues or students from low-income families. That means students will need to show an annual family income when applying. This can be done by submitting the official documents with the application.
- Previous Central University alumni are completely eligible to receive discounts on tuition and any textbook – equipment fees.
- A student must be enrolled or receive admission to Central University before applying for a scholarship.
- Also, ICGC members as well as their dependents are eligible for discounts.
- Both male and female students are eligible to apply and there are no age-restricted limitations.
When applying for admissions students will need to have these items to add to their application:
- A fully completed application form (no blank spaces should be left)
- All transcripts from any finishing schools, vocational schools, or prior university/college classes
- Must have obtained an official slip or results certificate
- Must have a photo identification to present (photo I.D.)
If students are looking for full-ride scholarships, they should check the top 10 scholarships available to African students. This is a great collection of scholarships that cover students’ full tuition and provide monthly allowance if needed. Along with understandings that academic merit and low-income annual families can earn a higher education degree that extends towards global standards.
How to Apply
All potential students have to do for this scholarship when applying is to download the Central Aid Scholarship forms. From there the student can view the forms and what the requirements are involved.
These forms will need to be downloaded and can be sent online through e-mail or sent in as a printed-out form.
Here is the postal address:
The Admissions Officer
(Off the Accra-Aflao Road)
P.O.Box 2305, Community
Also, to apply for school admissions, students will need to buy an E-voucher for approximately GH100.00. This is the admission fee.
Students should double-check or use quality control when reviewing their admissions form and application form. If a student has skipped their admission form for Central University, they have not correctly followed the rules for applying. This means if a student only sends in a scholarship application they will be ignored until applying for Central University admission.
Reward – Extra Benefits
A generous amount of $5,000 will be awarded to the recipients that are chosen. From there this means a lot of the tuition will be covered by the amount and individuals tend to have leftover scholarship funding. This funding can go to dependents and pay for their tuition as well.
The official deadline time is in August 2022. Last year’s August deadline date was the 19th, however, this deadline date will change. With this deadline date change, all students need to look at the original website link (which is provided) to ensure that there are no delays or cancellations involved.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is anytime before August, but the time is from March to August 2022, for students to apply. Luckily, students have enough time to work with applying and acquiring all of the necessary official documents that are needed.
This is an annual scholarship that has many benefits where students will be able to achieve a higher education from low-income families.
All students should check with the original website link (which is shared on this page) to access any news or deadline information for this specific scholarship. If there happen to be any questions a student may have, they should first check the ‘FAQs’ section from the original scholarship website link.
However, if a student has a question that has not to be answered, they can use the Whatsapp number that is available in the contact section. This is the best way to receive a quick informational answer rather than contacting by email address.