What does Rice University in Texas, United States have to offer college students? The university is set in the middle of the city of Houston. And just so happens to be one of the more environmentally friendly college campuses.
With around 300 acres of land and most of it with re-planted trees to encourage a healthy nature atmosphere, this college has been quoted as one of the more peaceful higher education institutions in the United States.
Rice University is ranked within the top 20 best universities in North America.
This university has a great teacher-to-student ratio that averages 6 students to 1 teacher. This ratio has been shown to greatly improve the educational worth and tutoring abilities of many students.
Academic programs available at Rice University include:
- Computer and information sciences
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Cognitive science
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Political science and government
- Chemical engineering
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- English language and literature
- Public policy analysis
- Econometrics and quantitative economics
- Business administration and management
- Ecology and evolutionary biology
- Visual and performing arts
- Architectural and building sciences/technology
- Computational and applied mathematics
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Romance languages, literatures, and linguistics
- French language and literature
- Latin American studies
- Medieval and renaissance studies
- Asian studies/civilization
- Environmental science
This is not a complete list of the available programs and studies that are currently at Rice University. And students can choose any study field with this scholarship application. The only difference is that this is based on merit which is scholarly or academic quality.
- This is a highly competitive scholarship.
- This scholarship has new bachelor’s students automatically enrolled with this merit scholarship. Normally the students are chosen from their personal excelling achievement status and scholastically.
- Students do not have to be United States citizens, so this is open to all international students.
- Previous students that have followed or pursued these studies have been awarded: political and community service leaders, math, science, performance arts, scholar-athletes, entrepreneurs, and incredibly exceptional creative writers.
The biggest requirement is that students who are interested in this application should apply for admissions only. Why? Because the scholarship application is automatically entered for each student that enters are a freshmen student into Rice University.
Students will need to attach their transcripts, language proficiency, and if they are an international student, they will need to secure a United States student visa.
On the Rice University original website their is a whole transfer student and international student section dedicated to helping anyone that finds the transfer process a bit confusing.
How to Apply
Students are automatically enrolled upon becoming a freshmen at Rice University. Luckily enough this means students do not have to fill out a separate scholarship application. Instead their admissions application acts as the scholarship form and application. Since this scholarship is solely based on merit, the scholarship committee and judging panel are looking for the brightest and most academically inclined individuals.
Reward – Extra Benefits
Essentially 50% of a student’s directed tuition coverage would be matched and covered. This can vary depending on what subject the student does end up pursuing.
This amount goes directly to the remaining tuition amount that has not been paid off or in full. However, if a student has paid off this tuition amount before they win this scholarship option, then the students has every right to use this towards other fees and excess expenses.
Deadline Time Line
The application deadline does follow the same time stamps for admissions. This means that students will need to work with the admissions deadline so their scholarship application (which is automatically entered into the competitive drawing) and there are 3 deadline rounds they are:
First – October 7, 2022
Second – January 6, 2023
Third – March 31, 2023
These above deadline dates are the dedicated deadline points for the Spring, Fall, and Summer semesters.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame falls in succession with the three above deadline dates above. So there are three separate open submission window time frames:
The first open window – May to October 7, 2023
The second open window – October 2022 to January 6, 2023
The third open window is from – January 2023 – March 31, 2023
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship option that cannot be renewed because it is a one time scholarship for students.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All applicants should consult the phone number if a question has not been answered. Beforehand to check the university ‘FAQs’ page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Any student that is unsure about the rules and guidelines that are meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.