The Fordham Achievement Award is a scholarship offered by Fordham University to undergraduate students who demonstrate academic achievement and financial need. It is designed to assist students who may not be eligible for the more prestigious merit-based scholarships but still demonstrate a strong academic profile and financial need.
The amount of the award varies based on the student’s financial need and academic profile. It is typically renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study, provided the student maintains satisfactory academic progress.
This scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated academic achievement and financial need. The amount varies depending on the student’s academic profile and financial need.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Fordham Achievement Award:
The eligibility requirements for the Fordham Achievement Award at Fordham University include:
- Applicants must be incoming or continuing undergraduate students at Fordham University.
- Applicants must have a high school or college GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submitting it to Fordham University.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to renew the scholarship for up to four years.
What is the total award for the Fordham Achievement Award:
The total award amount for the Fordham Achievement Award varies based on a student’s financial need and academic profile. Generally, the award can range from a few thousand dollars to several thousand dollars per academic year. The scholarship is typically renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study, provided the student maintains satisfactory academic progress.
It’s important to note that the amount of the Fordham Achievement Award, as well as any other financial aid a student may receive, is not intended to cover the full cost of attendance at Fordham University. Instead, it is designed to help offset the cost of tuition, fees, room, and board, and is typically combined with other forms of financial aid, such as grants, loans, and work-study programs.
Students who are interested in applying for the Fordham Achievement Award or other forms of financial aid should contact the Fordham University Office of Financial Aid for more information on the application process and deadlines.
How do you apply for the Fordham Achievement Award:
To apply for the Fordham Achievement Award at Fordham University, follow these steps:
- Submit your application for admission: To be considered for any scholarships, including the Fordham Achievement Award, you must first apply for admission to Fordham University. You can apply online through the university’s website.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): To demonstrate financial need, you must complete the FAFSA and submit it to Fordham University. The FAFSA is available online at the Federal Student Aid website.
- Submit any additional documents: Depending on your situation, you may need to submit additional documents to demonstrate your financial need. These could include tax returns, W-2 forms, or other financial documents.
- Wait for notification: After you’ve completed your application and submitted all necessary documents, you’ll need to wait for notification from Fordham University about your financial aid package, including any scholarships you may have been awarded.
What Does a Student Visa Mean and How to Acquire One
To acquire a student visa to study in New York, a student would typically follow these steps:
- Receive an acceptance letter from a U.S. school: Before applying for a student visa, a student must first receive an acceptance letter from a U.S. school that is authorized to enroll nonimmigrant students.
- Pay the SEVIS fee: The student must pay the SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) fee and receive a payment confirmation.
- Complete the online visa application (DS-160): The student must complete the online visa application form (DS-160) and upload a passport-style photograph.
- Schedule a visa interview: The student must schedule a visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country.
- Attend the visa interview: The student must attend the visa interview and bring all required documentation, including the acceptance letter from the U.S. school, the SEVIS fee payment confirmation, and other supporting documents as requested by the embassy or consulate.
- Wait for visa processing: After the visa interview, the student must wait for their visa to be processed. The processing time varies by embassy or consulate and can take several weeks or longer.
- Enter the U.S.: Once the visa is approved, the student can enter the U.S. no earlier than 30 days before the start date of their program. At the U.S. port of entry, the student will be inspected by a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer who will make a determination on whether the student is eligible to enter the U.S. as a nonimmigrant student.
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship and the deadline for this scholarship is November 1, 2023.
Other available scholarships to look at are Financial Aid Awards Asian Institute of Technology Scholarship for International Master and PhD Degree Students in Thailand, 2024 or Partial-funding MD/PhD AMC Scholarship Program for International Students at Amsterdam University Medical Centers, Netherlands 2024.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.