Ascend Educational Fund awards scholarships ranging from $2,500 to $20,000 to immigrant students and children of immigrants who are graduating from a New York City high school to attend public or private colleges and universities, regardless of ethnicity, national origin, or immigration status.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Must be born outside the United States or have two parents born outside the United States.
- Must be a graduating senior at a high school in the five boroughs of New York City.
- Must enroll full-time at an accredited public or private college or university in 2022-2023.
How to Apply
Contact the e-mail given to ask for a scholarship application when the open deadline window resumes which will be on November 2, 2021.
- Must complete and sign application form before sending it in.
- Official high school transcript on hand to send in.
- You must have a copy of SAT or ACT score report.
- Must have two letters of recommendation.
- Complete two essays.
Anywhere from $2,500 to $20,000 in total to one student.
Scholarships will be disbursed directly to the recipient’s educational institution in equal installments over a two or four year period, depending on the type of institution. Failure to comply with the following conditions may result in the suspension or revocation of scholarship awards:
- Enroll full-time at an accredited public or private college or university
- Remain in good standing and maintain a 2.5 grade point average
- Submit progress reports to Ascend Educational Fund every semester
- Participate in mentoring provided by Ascend Educational Fund
Deadline & Annual
- November 2, 2021 – Application opens online
- February 5, 2022 – Online scholarship application closes
- April, 2022 – Finalists Selected & Notified
- May 1 – 2nd, 2022 – Final Interviews
This is an annual scholarship that will reopen on November 2, 2021.