The students in New England who are residents in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, or New Hampshire are invited to apply for the scholarship which will be renewable funds offered for up to four years. The scholarship will be offered and prioritized those students with financial needs who can demonstrate their academic excellence with a commitment to serve and contribute to their university or community.
For the academic year of 2022-2023, The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund wants to provide support to deserving students to further their education and develop leadership skills and strong work ethics.
Scholarship Provider: The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund
About the Provider
Stephen Phillips, born in 1907 a member of a prominent Salem in Massachusetts that all over the years their family has been involved in an active merchant sailing era.
Phillips Scholarship was created in honoring Stephen Phillips and his legacy. In his death in 1971, Betty Phillips created the scholarship to extend their support to the students who have academic excellence but have limited financial support that cause them to stop their education.
As a commitment to serving the community, the scholarship wants to engage in giving proper education to the young people who want to continue their higher education without the financial barrier.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: USA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Any eligible courses from the chosen university of the awardee.
- Duration: 4 years
- Scholarship Award: $17,000
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Interested applicants must be returning or entering an undergraduate degree in any of the universities or institutions in the USA.
- Must be able to be enrolled in a full-time degree.
- A freshman undergraduate students, the students who are in 1 or 2 years in an associate program are not eligible for the scholarship program.
- The students in the 5 years of the program ending in their masters degree may be able to apply for the scholarship.
- Must be holding a permanent residency or citizen of the New England state.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- enrolled in a course that will be in demand for their future career goals.
- Can demonstrate good communication skills in writing.
Students Financial Need
Interested applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- An Expected Family Contribution(EFC) from the FAFSA must be $10,000 or less.
- Parents must have a low income and can submit proof of financial income.
- Financial needs proof.
Moreover, the students can have their financial needs at their chosen college university and can be determined by the eligibility calculated of the foundation.
How will the foundation determine strong criteria for the applicants?
- The applicants must be able to determine their desire to create a meaningful contribution to their society or community.
- Must be involved in a community, voluntary work, and other related activities that can prove your leadership skills and community services.
- Must be able to showcase their leadership skills.
- Know how to face any challenges.
- Have goals to achieve with integrity and self-discipline.
- Working as a part-time student.
Before taking the application process, the students must make sure that all the eligibility are reviewed and met.
The foundation will be providing an online application portal for the interested students who already reviewed all the qualifications and criteria for selection. It is important that after the application form has been completed it should be submitted in an online portal not to be mailed. Mailed application forms will not be considered by the foundation.
- Interested students must begin must be able to begin their application to be able to complete all the necessary documents and other applications questions thoroughly.
- It is important that the application must be reviewed before submitting.
- The essay will be optional for the application.
- The students must be able to attach their FAFSA report to their application.
- Contact details of two referees.
- Financial awards information from the chosen university.
The application portal can be saved as a draft, so the student can take time on completing all the material needed. According to the past reports of the student’s application to complete the online portal it may take 6 to 10 hours to make sure that there will be no blank filled at the applications. It is important to review the application before submitting it.
- Official Transcript of Records
- Recommendation letter
- 2022-2023 Aid report
- W-2 Forms
The foundation wants to support the students to continue their higher education without financial barriers. The Phillips Scholarship will be amount to up to $17,000 that can help the deserving students with their educational costs.
The amount will be paid directly by the foundation to the chosen university or institution of the deserving students. The awards will be used for the student’s undergraduate study cost.
The award amount can be changed on case to case basis, if the students have to transfer to another institution or university it will be recalculated by the foundation to consider the total education cost.
The deadline to complete and submit the application form and materials is until May 2, 2022. The scholarship awards can be renewed to up to four years of an undergraduate degree program.
Late and incomplete applications wil not be considered. The scholarship will be based on the academic merit of the applicants.
The scholarship will be offered annually.
Scholarship Important Note
- All applicants must be able to read and agree on the scholarship terms and conditions.
- Documents and files can be uploaded to the scholarship online portal, to upload on the portal students have to choose files on the navigation and upload and select.
- All documents should be converted into a PDF file or google file.
- All applications will be notified by mid or late June with the scholarship decision. Successful applicants will be notified through their emails and must be confirmed. In case the applicants didn’t receive an email notification by June it means that the application has not been completed or successfully submitted.
- Reviewing applications is important.
- Applicants who have not been considered for the scholarship program for the academic year of 2022-2023 can resubmit an application for the next opening date of academic year.