The International Impact Scholarship is to prevent and address the impact of the inequalities as a main core philosophy of the University College London at Master of Public Health. BY reflecting on their vision, for the academic year of 2022-2023, the University College of London offers two scholarships for the international students who have lived their lives in an inequality way and those who have shown a great promise of health population impact.
The scholarship will be awarded annually to support the students who can demonstrate their financial burdens and wish to further their higher education with a Master’s Degree in Public Health. The scholarship will be covering the student’s tuition fee with a total value of £16,500for the MPH Program. The students who wish to study in a part-time, full-time, or modular class are all welcome to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Provider: University College London
About the Provider
The University College London is pleased to provide more opportunities for every student to be educated. As one of the biggest public researchers in London, they are known to deliver an internationally competitive research program that collaborates in local and international interdisciplinary research.
At the UCL Institute for Epidemiology and Health Care, they address the major health challenges of the 21st century, such as health care, obesity, alcoholism, tobacco, aging, and other related health equity. They seek to understand and influence the ethical determinants of health and well-being throughout life, to develop and evaluate cross-sectoral policies and strategies that will improve health and optimize health care delivery and practice.
Under the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 80% of our researchers were assessed as global and international, and more than 95% of their case studies were classified as unique and have a very real impact in the real world. The university’s interdisciplinary teams are located in four different research departments.
The university’s vision is to determine and understand the health and disease of the population and the patients in clinical settings, this means evaluating a strategy for the treatment and prevention of the ill to extend the capacity in population health and strengthen the research learnings.
Studying at the university can give more access and opportunity to those who seek more skills and knowledge throughout their higher degree programs. As the university has a wide variety of support to both staff and students which are available annually with guidance on the mental health issues, career progress, and family support.
The University College London is home to some of the world’s most influential and innovative public health researchers. Their programs equip the students with the skills and knowledge they need through integrated research teaching. They want to prepare them not only for success but also to become the next generation of industry experts.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Master
- Field: Public Health
- Number of Awards: Two
- Scholarship Benefits: A full course fee with a total value of £16,500
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- The students can access the course in an online mode.
To proceed with the application process, the students must meet the eligibility criteria of the scholarship. The scholarship is one of the competitive scholarship programs at the university, keep in mind that the applicants must be able to read the eligibility and application process to be able to be considered for the award.
- The international students must have lived or experienced inequality and must be able to demonstrate it. The inequality may include the experience of financial needs, gender, ethnicity, career responsibilities, disability, sexual orientation, childhood experience, and social exclusion.
- Must be able to meet the admission criteria for the Master of Public Health at the University College London.
- Have already submitted their admission application for the program for the academic year of 2022-2023.
The scholarship award will be based on the evaluation of the candidates which also includes the description of the following:
- How did the candidate experiences the inequality situation and how does the experience thought them and their willingness to study the Public Health Program.
- Why are they deserving to receive the scholarship awards to undertake the Public Health and will it benefits them personally.
- How do the students use their past experience of inequality and the scholarship benefits and public health to make changes to the community health and towards their future career goals? Will they be able to contribute to society and extend help to those who also experience inequality?
The selection panel of the scholarship awards will be evaluating the score of each applicant, the combined average across the assessors will be awarded and ranked, and two high score students will be recommended to receive the scholarship.
The application for the scholarship can be accessed through the application online portal provided by the University College London. Keep in mind that in order to further the application, interested applicants must be current applicants to the online Master Public Health at the university.
This applicant includes the students who are waiting for the decisions on their application and who already have the offer for the public health program at the university. If you haven’t applied for the scholarship yet, please do not apply until you have completed the application. Keep in mind that the award of IMPACT scholarships will not be decided until after the deadline for MPH applications.
- Two scholarships will be available for the academic year of 2022-2023.
- The scholarship value will be up to £16,500 to cover the full fee of the scholars.
The beneficiary of the awards must read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship. The awards can be taken in part-time, full-time, and online modular flexible classes.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until June 30, 2022. The scholarship will be offered annually.