For the spring of 2022, National Chiao Tung University accepts applications for the International Scholarship for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree students. The international students who are already admitted or applied on their admission must select the scholarship on the application forms to be considered. Only qualified students will be awarded for the scholarship program and will be awarded for one year.
National Chiao Tung University wants to attract international students that can demonstrate their academic excellence and research capabilities. The scholarship will be awarded in a monthly stipend or might be an exemption on the tuition fee.
The university established the scholarship intended for international students to support them towards their education and provides financial assistance while studying at the university. International students will have the opportunity to study in Taiwan and fulfill their degrees.
Scholarship Provider: National Chiao Tung University
About the Provider
National Chiao Tung University has been taking the lead towards the degree that effectively deploys and explores biomedical technologies and the developments to be able to contribute to the communities.
The university will build and deepen substantive collaborations with international partners, create transnational collaboration and mobile opportunities for teachers and students, the coordinate industry needs with the recruitment of outstanding international students, and continue to enhance the campus’ international environment to build international reputation and influence and continue to contribute to growing strength for Taiwan and the world.
The university is divided into five units:
- Division of Academic Exchange
- Division of International Admissions
- Division of Overseas Student Affairs
- Division of Industrial Relationship and Cooperation
- Division of Administration
The university’s mission is the ability to provide a cross-disciplinary holistic and diverse education.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. level
- Field: Eligible courses though in the English language
- Duration: One Year
- Renewable: Yes
- Awarded to: All International students
- Scholarship Award: Monthly Stipend and Tuition fee
- Scholarship Country: Taiwan
International Scholarship Eligibility
- Must be holding citizenship outside the country of Taiwan.
- Physically and mentally healthy.
- High school degree for the undergraduate students
- Undergraduate degree holder for the master’s degree students
- Masters degree holder for the Ph.D. level students
- Must not have any criminal records.
- Must be able to demonstrate their academic excellence.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will be withdrawn for admission, registration, or a certificate of completion. Violation of the above rules will result in the failure of all relevant academic papers.
- New students must click the application portal provided at the university’s official website and follow the instructions to apply to their education program via the online application system.
- When filling out the application form, those wishing to be considered for this fellowship must tick (select) under the “NYCU/NCTU Scholarship” item on the form.
- If you are already enrolled in NYCU/NCTU, please check the OIA Announcement each December for important scholarship renewal announcements
Submit the following required documents to be able to support your scholarship application at the university.
- Study plan
- Completed application forms
- Degree Certificates
- Letters of recommendation
- English proficiency test
- Mandarin language proficiency
- The students may provide any relevant volunteer work, community activities, or any other act of service participation.
- Recipients of international study grants and scholarships should not be awarded simultaneously to receive other benefits in the form of scholarships and grants given by the government. However, exceptions apply to Ph.D. Student awarded by NYCU scholarships for graduate students attending international conferences and special programs approved by official NYCU documents exempt from this rule.
- Get an International Study Scholarship with student status must enroll in at least four Chinese language courses during the academic year admitted. Ph.D. and Master’s Award recipients must have completed at least two Chinese language courses during their tenure studies.]
- The scholarship can only be given to international students who are currently admitted to the university.
- The beneficiary of the scholarship award must present their registered ID in Taiwan.
- Graduates: Applicants must take at least one course in a professional qualification course (core course) per semester and have a grade point average of at least 3.7 points from the previous two semesters (if the course lasts only one semester, ranking from this semester onwards will be used as the evaluation standard).
- For the students who have met the graduation requirements and do not have the above-mentioned grades, relevant documents must be submitted in addition to a minimum grade point average of 3.7 points for all academic years studied, Letters of recommendation from consultants or advisors, or research reports you have published.
- Undergraduate Students: Eligible students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in the previous two semesters, evaluated on points (for students who have only studied one semester, grades from this semester are used as a benchmark for review).
- Each semester, the students must be able to conduct an A grade or above.
- The students must have completed Mandarin Courses and can submit proof of courses taken in Taiwan or in any national level test.
- English Language proficiency will also be required, some courses will be thought in the English language/
-TOEFL PBT 500
Duration of Scholarship
- The duration of the scholarship award will be for one year and students can renew the scholarship and prove that they can maintain their academic merit.
- The number of months that the scholarship award will be granted will be adjusted based on the yearly budget for the scholarship.
The National Chiao Tung University will be providing different awards depending on the degree level of the awardee.
- Undergraduate degree students will be receiving $7000 monthly for their living expenses and a tuition fee reduction.
- Master students will be receiving $733 monthly to be used for their living expenses and a tuition fee reduction.
- Ph.D. degree students will be receiving an amount of $966 to be used for their living expenses and a tuition fee reduction.
The deadline for submission of documents and completed application form is until March 5, 2022. The scholarship can be renewed yearly and will be offered to international students annually.