The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship is an Educational innovation of the Government of France. When the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs felt the necessity to attract more top foreign Higher Degree (Masters’, PhD) students; the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship was swiftly birthed. This scheme basically gives top foreign students with huge Leadership and Industry potential the opportunity to pursue their Masters’ and PhD degrees in France on a full-scale scholarship. This scheme is one of the commonest scholarship schemes to Europeans.
For the Masters’ level, the maximum age for each applicant is 30 for a duration between 12 and 36 months (i.e. all awardees must complete their program within 3 years), while for the PhD level, the maximum age is 35 for a duration of 12 months in France (a joint college program in most cases).
The Eiffel Excellence scholarships are only available for applicants in the following four (4) fields of study;
- Economics and Management
- Political Science
- Law studies
- Engineering sciences at the master’s level, Science in a broad sense at the Ph.D. level (engineering sciences; exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry, and life sciences, nano, and biotechnology, earth sciences, sciences of the universe, environmental sciences, information, and communication science and technology)
Are you Eligible?
To prove your eligibility, you need to comply with the following criteria.
- Application source: only applications submitted by French educational institutions are accepted. These institutions commit to enrolling scholarship holders on the academic program for which they have been selected. Applications submitted by any other means shall not be considered. Furthermore, any candidate nominated by more than one institution shall be disqualified. In a nutshell, applicants are expected to apply to just one school of their choice. The school then nominates to the Scholarship board.
- Nationality: This scholarship scheme is strictly for Foreigners as far as the French citizens are allowed. This program is reserved for non-French nationals. Candidates with two nationalities, one of which is French, are not eligible.
- Age: for the master’s level, candidates must be no older than 30 on the date of 2020. The campaign, that is, students born after March 1989. At the Ph.D. level, candidates must be no older than 35 on the date of the 2021 Campaign, that is, students born after March 1984.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
- A maintenance allowance of 1,083 Euros and a monthly stipend of 150 Euros for Masters’ degree Awardee, while, for a PhD awardee it is a total of 1400 Euros monthly allowance.
- Local and National Transport allowance from airport to location of study and from location of study back to the airport at the end of the program.
- Health insurance by Campus France, for the time needed to register to French Social Security, for students from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA); Mutual health insurance
- Cultural activities: Subject to certain conditions, students may also benefit from a housing allowance,
Visit this file for more information on how to apply for this scholarship.