New study opportunity in South Korea 2022. The GIST global scholarship is promoted each academic year in order to support international applicants who wish to complete their learning in areas such as master’s and/or doctorates.
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology will provide what is necessary for overseas students to achieve high performance in professional and labor fields.
GIST is one of the most recognized universities and institutes in all of South Korea. This was established by the government of the said nation in 1993.
Its main mission is to train national and international students in the best way. Since its inception, it has benefited young people with dreams of consolidating an academic career with the creation of various projects where they demonstrate their great commitment and potential.
GIST Fellows are equipped with world-class knowledge and skills regarding science and technology through research-oriented projects and courses.
Also, the fully GIST-funded scholarship is a university project with the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology.
GIST 2022 Global Scholarship
Institutions where the studies will be carried out:
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea
Levels and areas of studies:
Full-time Master and Ph.D. in the following areas:
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering.
- School of Life Sciences.
- Department of Physics and Photonic Science.
- Department of Biomedical Sciences and Engineering.
- Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence.
- Chemistry Department.
- School of Integrated Technology, School of Materials Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering.
Who can participate?
International students from any nation on the globe who demonstrate high academic commitment.
Endowment of the scholarship:
GIST will award the following awards to applicants who are winners of the full scholarships in South Korea 2022:
- All international students will receive 100% tuition support, that is, the cost of tuition will be eliminated.
- Master’s students will receive a monthly stipend of 140,000 won.
- Doctoral students will receive a monthly stipend of 295,000 won.
- Both Master’s and PhD students will receive a 100,000 Won meal allowance. (Note: students must complete at least 9 credits in the previous semester in order to receive the student and meal allowance).
- An international student allocation of 120,000 Won will be awarded to Masters and PhD students, however the student must maintain a GPA of 3 or more than 4.5 in the previous semester.
- All Master’s students who participate in research projects will earn a research grant of 4,785,384 won per year, while PhD students who participate in research projects will earn a research grant of 12,263,262 won per year.
- A one-way flight to Korea will be reimbursed.
- 80% of the national health insurance will be covered. Health insurance also includes annual health check-ups.
Conditions that participants must meet:
- International applicants with a perfect academic record.
- Have a cumulative GPA above 3.0.
- To apply for admission to the full-time master’s course, you must have an undergraduate degree, and for the doctoral program, the GIST Institute committee will require a master’s certificate obtained from an internationally renowned university.
- Interested student must make a formal enrollment through the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) online registration system.
- Present English proficiency with the following tests: TOEFL (BT) 80 / TOEFL (PBT) 550 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 750 / NEW TEPS 327. In case you do not obtain the result of your test on time, your home university can grant a professional certificate of proficiency in the English language.
Instructions to apply:
Supporting data: Transcripts and academic records, application for the full GIST 2022 scholarship, two (2) letters of recommendation, proof of English language proficiency, copy of the applicant’s passport, curriculum, among others. Each of the documents must be sent by email from the university. To learn more about the selection processes and awards to be consigned, visit the official website of the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST).
Until October 15, 2021.