When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Yemen and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Yemen:
- The Diana Kamal Scholarship Search Fund (DKSSF)
- The Hadhramout Foundation scholarship – Available to 15 high achieving Yemen students who has been sent an invitation from The American University in Cairo
- Scholarship for Yemen Students in the United Kingdom – Cambridge
- World Academy of Sciences Prizes for Yemen Students Scientists
- E4D Doctoral Scholarships for Yemen Students in Switzerland
- University of Westminster Scholarship for Yemen Students in the United Kingdom
- Franklin Mosher Baldwin Memorial Fellowships for Yemen Students
- Senior Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine for Yemen Students
Study Abroad Programs in the Middle East:
- Semester at Sea: Study Around the World
- CIEE College Study Abroad in Amman, Jordan
- CET Jordan
- Israel: Haifa – Undergraduate and Graduate Courses
- Peace and Conflict Studies in Ireland and the Middle East
- Area and Arabic Language Studies in Morocco or Jordan
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Yemen. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Yemen, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student o stay the full academic term.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Yemen.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.