Canisius College Offers Undergraduate Scholarship in Various Areas; for successful international students. Canisius adheres to a rolling admissions policy that allows students to apply at any time until the class is full. It offers early action with a deadline of November 1.
Founded in 1870 by the Jesuits from Germany and named after St. Peter Canisius, Canisius College is a private Jesuit college in Buffalo, New York. Canisius seeks to be a vibrant and progressive university committed above all to academic excellence and the genuine search for truth. Ranked among the best institutions in the Northeast, Canisius is a master’s-level college and one of 27 Jesuit colleges and universities in the nation. At Canisius, students are prepared for lives of intellectual exploration, service, and leadership through a liberal arts-based core curriculum and a wide range of learning experiences.
- The scholarship offers from $2,000 to $7,500.
- The scholarship does not cover travel expenses, maintenance, medical insurance or study materials.
- Applicants must be international freshman and transfer students.
- To apply, students can make applications for admission through the Common Application Portal or the Canisius College Application Portal. Scholarship winners will be considered on the basis of their application for admission. A separate scholarship application is not required.
- Students must present the following documents: Copy of the biographical page of the passport; High school transcripts. If you have attended a college or university, please submit transcripts with English translations; Personal essay (at least 250 words)
- Applicants must have a High School GPA of 85-94%.
- Students must submit scores from the following English language proficiency tests: TOEFL 79 IBT or 550 PBT; IELTS 6.5 overall; SAT evidence-based reading and writing score 560+; ACT English and Reading Sections Combined Score 42+
- Duolingo English Test minimum score of 105; ELS level 112; Academic PTE Minimum score of 65; GTEC Minimum score of 1200 or CAEL 70 overall.