Business initiative is thriving. Across the globe, startups are gaining traction by attracting investors and customers. The rising popularity of business ownership has resulted in a corresponding rise in relevant academic offerings. Innovative problem-solving is a hallmark of successful entrepreneurs, who are known for turning wild ideas into tangible products that can affect society at large. And this often involves coming up with creative ways to finance the endeavor. Similarly, spending money on one’s education is an excellent long-term investment for the success of any enterprise. Financial aid is readily available in the form of a variety of awards, including grants, scholarships, and fellowships, many of which are designed expressly for business owners.
If you are currently running your own business or are pursuing an education with the goal of becoming an entrepreneur in the future, the good news is that there are numerous opportunities for assistance.
Here is a list of organizations and colleges that give grants and scholarships to help you get started on the path to being a successful business leader in the future.
1. Thiel Fellowship
Thiel Fellows are given a grant of $100,000 to use toward their career, research, and personal development. The fellows are mentored by a group of forward-thinking investors, scientists, and businesspeople who provide them with insights and connections to the industry that can’t be learned in a classroom and can’t be replicated by anyone else. By providing you with tens of thousands of dollars in extra resources, summer housing, regular workshops, our Thiel Foundation Summits, fellowship meals, and retreats, we have created a rich community and program to accelerate your professional and personal development. You are doing more than just studying at the moment.
This fellowship was founded in 2011 by Peter Thiel, an entrepreneur and investor in the technology sector. Entrepreneurs under the age of 23 who want more money can apply for this grant, and they have a lot of discretion in deciding how to use the money they get. The large sum of money awarded will be paid out over the course of two years. Students should look elsewhere; participation in any academic program will disqualify you from receiving this grant. Twenty to thirty fellows are selected annually, and applications are accepted throughout the year.
If you want your application to be taken seriously, you need to have a novel outlook on life and an entrepreneurial mindset. In reality, the website and its creator have a negative view of traditional classroom education for business, believing that it is ineffective beyond a certain point. You cannot apply for this fellowship until you have officially dropped all academic courses in which you are currently enrolled. Only the most courageous and audacious individuals will be considered for this fellowship, as we only want to reward those who are willing to take the most significant risks for the greatest potential rewards.
2. BlueVine Young Entrepreneurs Scholarship
Financial Support for Future BlueVine Entrepreneurs Two $5,000 scholarships are being offered by BlueVine, a company that helps small businesses get the money they need quickly so they can fulfill their working capital needs, to students at the undergraduate or graduate level who are considering a future in entrepreneurship.
The BlueVine Young Entrepreneurs Scholarship Program was created to inspire and support individuals pursuing four-year degrees in disciplines important to entrepreneurship. Students in both the spring and fall terms can apply for the grants.
With the launch of the scholarship program, BlueVine hopes to show its appreciation for the many ways in which small businesses enrich the lives of their employees and the communities in which they are situated.
BlueVine hopes to honor young people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to make a positive impact in the world by providing them with a platform to share their stories. When it comes to the growth of the national economy, small enterprises are crucial.
- There is a February 1st deadline for scholarship essays for the upcoming academic year’s autumn semester.
- A scholarship essay must be submitted by September 1st for consideration for the following semester.
- Your essay, transcript, and proof of enrollment for the semester you wish to use the scholarship must be submitted to [email protected].
3. Business Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship
Each year, the Business Broker Network gives out the Scholarship for the Future Business Leaders of Tomorrow. In order to facilitate the buying and selling of businesses, Business Broker Network maintains a comprehensive online database containing information on more than 28,000 different companies and franchisees. A single winner will be selected and notified before the end of the year. Applicants’ essays will be heavily considered in the final decision-making process. The Scholarship for the Business Leaders of Tomorrow is open to all incoming first-, second-, and third-year college students in the United States who are between the ages of 17 and 24.
- You must be entering or already enrolled in a degree or certificate program with a major or concentration in business or finance.
- At least 17 years of age is required to participate.
- You need to have a grade point average of at least 3.0.
- Getting an Application in:
- In an essay of 600 to 1,000 words, describe your plans for achieving personal and professional success while attending college and afterwards. It is suggested that you discuss the following question, for instance: You can be asked, “What led you to pursue a profession in the field of finance, economics, or real estate?” Please tell us about a time in your life when this decision was very meaningful to you.
- As a CEO of a small company, what do you see as the most challenging aspect of operating a firm in the present day?
- How do you plan to improve society through your professional endeavors?
- Here you can talk about the challenges you had and the ways in which you overcame them to get where you are now in your career or school.
- To submit your essay and any other materials they may request, use their online form.
4.Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
For the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship 2021, applications are presently being accepted. Zonta International’s Jane M. Klausman (JMK) Women in Business Scholarship program awards grants to deserving female students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration.
To promote and achieve global gender parity, Zonta International has been active since 1919. In 1998, Jane M. Klausman established the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship with a large monetary gift. Jane M. Klausman was a parliamentarian for Zonta International from 1990 to 1995 and a member of the Zonta Club of Syracuse, New York, USA.
To be eligible for the ZIF Women in Business Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Zonta International is offering scholarships to deserving women of any age who are residents of or students at an educational institution located within a Zonta district or region and who are majoring in accounting, economics, finance, business management, marketing, operations management, human resources management, international business, or entrepreneurship.
- Students who take courses at an accredited online college or university are also eligible to apply.
- Students must be in at least the second year of an undergraduate program or in the final year of a Master’s program in order to submit an application to the local Zonta club at the appropriate time.
- Scholarship recipients must be currently enrolled in an accredited educational institution and not scheduled to graduate prior to December.
- Previously Accomplished International In honor of Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship winners are ineligible to reapply for another year of funding for the Women in Business Scholarship.
5. Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships
Awards are given out depending on academic performance at the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics. Scholarships covering the full cost of attendance are available, and partial discounts of up to 75%, 50%, 25%, and 10% are also available. Academic excellence is a prerequisite for receiving financial aid.
When it comes to economics, the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics is a cutting-edge, non-profit institution. Simply put, it’s the Barcelona Globalization and World Economy Summit. Masters degrees are offered in a variety of fields at the School. RePEc, a global network of academic economists, has ranked its economics department among the top in the world.
Scholarships worth an annual average of 800,000 Euros are available on the basis of merit to students pursuing a Master’s degree. Only about 36% of those who applied to and were accepted to a degree program actually received any form of financial aid. Students seeking financial aid from the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics must show that they meet the following criteria.
- English must be spoken by all participants.
- Citizens of developing nations who are currently enrolled in an accredited educational institution overseas may apply.
- An associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, or baccalaureate degree (or its foreign equivalent) from an accredited college or university (for Bologna degrees, a minimum of 180 ECTS are required).
- Applicants are normally expected to have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as economics, finance, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or business administration.
- Extremely high fluency in English: a minimum of 90 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 6.5 on the IELTS Academic
- The following are optional but highly suggested:
- GRE Common Exam
- You should know that even if you meet every requirement for the application, you still might not get in. Candidates will also be judged on the following admissions criteria:
- Successful track record in the classroom
- Competence with numbers
- Letters of recommendation
6. Global Good Fund Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs
International applicants are encouraged to apply for this fellowship, the goal of which is to strengthen the leadership abilities of young social entrepreneurs. Fellows will have the opportunity to network with established professionals throughout the year and participate in a yearly summit.
What you’ll get is the chance to take part in a year-long training program and a leadership development award of up to $10,000.
- candidates must be under the age of forty and the head of a business that has been operational for at least a year and employs at least one full-time person in addition to the candidate.
- Advantages gained from prior leadership roles and the potential for future promotions; The candidate has a strong desire to make a positive impact on society and is a major force in bringing about meaningful transformation.
- A minimum of one year must have occurred since the launch of the candidate’s company;
- The company must already have at least one full-time employee in addition to the applicant;
- The candidate is coachable, as they are receptive to feedback and eager to improve;
- The candidate takes an active role as a mentor and invests in the growth of others;
- At least half of the company’s operating expenses are covered by revenues generated within the company; the median age of employees is under 40 (if older, explain rationale for Fellowship).
7. Alibaba eFounders Fellowship (Class 9) 2022 for African Entrepreneurs
Owners of open, platform-based businesses in emerging markets, with a focus on e-commerce, logistics, big data, and tourism, are the target audience for the two-week eFounders Fellowship. E-commerce technology from China and throughout the world that enabled growth and a more equitable form of development will be taught and experienced firsthand through this curriculum. The workshop is designed to teach participants about and showcase these new developments.
Participants in the eFounders Fellowship program have exposure to ecommerce and digital innovations while also having the opportunity to network with other successful businesses in their area, as well as access to business executives across Alibaba and China. More than that, though, the program connects its participants with top-tier executives from Alibaba and China. There is a group of dedicated and successful people who name themselves “Champions for the New Economy,” and they have formed a fellowship. By inspiring others, they hope to create a growth strategy that benefits all parties.
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) is helping to implement the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, and they are also collaborating with Alibaba Business School to host the eFounders Fellowship program.
- You must have been an original founder or co-founder of a digital company that is legally established and has been running for at least two years.
- One of the following African countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, or South Africa) must serve as the primary location for your company’s administrative functions.
- You must include a reference in your application; references from a partner, organizer, or eFounders Fellow will be given more weight.
- If a copy of your company’s license is asked as part of the application process, you must provide one.
- Women entrepreneurs, people under the age of 35, and people who were born and raised in the target country are especially encouraged to apply.
8. Cancer for College Leonard Family Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship
Founded by former cancer patients, Cancer For College awards financial aid in the form of grants and scholarships to deserving college students (mainly due to adverse health conditions). Each prize is worth about $5,000. Scholarship recipients are obligated to maintain full-time enrollment at the sponsoring institution. In order to remain receiving scholarship funds, you must either maintain full-time attendance at your current institution or switch to a two-year program. Scholarship recipients who are also graduate students are not required to take courses at a full-time pace. In the event that a scholarship recipient’s health prevents them from continuing their education, they may make a request for a one-time extension of their scholarship; however, the extension will not be for more than one academic year. If a student goes over this restriction, they will lose their scholarship but can reapply when they are ready to return to school.
In order to apply for the Cancer for College scholarship, all that has to be done is logged onto the website. There are many forms of financial aid available to students who are dealing with serious medical conditions. The Leonard Family Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship awards $5,000 to an outstanding student studying in business or a related discipline who aspires to work in the food service industry and perhaps one day open their own restaurant. Cancer For College is a charity that awards grants and scholarships to deserving students who are experiencing financial hardship (mainly due to adverse health conditions). The approximate worth of each prize is $5,000. Scholarship recipients must maintain full-time enrollment at the specified institution. You may lose your scholarship funds if you drop below full-time attendance or switch from a four-year university to a community college. Students in the graduate level who are awarded scholarships are not required to take classes full time. In the event that a scholarship recipient’s health prevents them from continuing their education, they may make a request for a one-time extension of their scholarship; however, the extension will not be for more than one academic year. If a student goes over this restriction, they will lose their scholarship but can reapply when they are ready to return to school.
In order to apply for the Cancer for College scholarship, all that has to be done is logged onto the website. There are many forms of financial aid available to students who are dealing with serious medical conditions. In order to be eligible for the $5,000 Leonard Family Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship, students must be majoring in business or a related field and aspire to work in the food service industry, with the ultimate goal of opening and running their own restaurant.
- The potential patient must have a confirmed cancer diagnosis.
- He or she must be enrolled in, or planning to enroll in, a degree program at a four-year, regionally or nationally accredited institution in the United States.
- This person should not be enrolled in or planning to enroll in a certificate program, but rather a degree program.
- If applying as a graduate student, the candidate must be enrolled as a full-time student, or at least have graduate-level coursework scheduled.
- The applicant must show that they are low-income in order to be considered; in particular, their adjusted gross income from the previous tax year must be less than $150,000.
9. Newcastle University Business Excellence Scholarship
Students accepted into Newcastle University’s MSBA program in the UK are eligible to apply for business administration scholarships. One application is sufficient. These Business Excellence Scholarship grants are now open to outstanding UK citizens or EU citizens with settled status who are applying to postgraduate taught programs that run full-time.
A total of $80,000 will be awarded, with up to eight scholarships of $5,000 each.
Requirements for Participation
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, which will go toward covering a portion of your tuition costs, you must show that you meet the standards indicated in the Business Excellence Award Regulations 2022 (PDF:184.8 KB).
- Complete the scholarship application and have received an offer of admission to a Master of Science degree program beginning in 2022 (see eligibility requirements for eligible programs). Submittals are required to be written in English.
- own a degree from a British university with a first-class honors degree and having studied in the UK (other than Newcastle University)
- have their tuition and fees calculated as though they were in-state students
- What to do with it
- All applications must be submitted through an online form. The School’s Scholarship Committee will review each application.
10. Insureon Small Business Scholarship
Two students will receive scholarships from the insurance company Insureon, each worth $2,000. All applicants must be enrolled full-time in a four-year undergraduate degree program. There is no grade point requirement for this business owner scholarship. The only requirements for the position are that the individual has an idea for a business and is able to submit their proposal electronically.
The two winners will get scholarships that can be used for anything related to their further studies. Candidates are expected to share their experiences as small business owners in an essay of 500 to 1,000 words as part of the application process.
The scholarship is being offered by Insureon, a major player in the internet insurance brokerage market for small and micro firms. Dallas, Texas is home to Insureon’s headquarters, and the company also has offices in Chicago and New York.
The application deadline for this scholarship is usually in the month of APRIL, and the reward is usually in the amount of $2,500.
Studying entrepreneurship as a major will help you strengthen your analytical thinking skills, making it one of the many reasons why getting an education in entrepreneurship can be beneficial. You acquire the ability to discern goals as they naturally evolve, as well as the instruments necessary to facilitate their progression.
If you are thinking about getting an education with a focus on Entrepreneur or business, there is no better time than right now to start looking into these scholarships and applying for some of them.