International students choose to study in Saudi Arabia for the incredible travel opportunities that country presents. With that in mind, this also always international students to afford a higher education without breaking their bank account.
We will be covering what universities are available to study at, and how much tuition may cost. Along with what the traditional living cost is and what language would be best to learn before arriving in Saudi Arabia.
Universities in Saudi Arabia:
- King Saud University
- King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- King Khalid University
- Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University
- Umm Al-Qura University
- King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
- Qassim University
- Al-Yamamah University
- Islamic University of Madinah
- Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
- Prince Sultan University
- Majmaah University
- Imam Mohammad Ibn Saud Islamic University
- University of Tabuk
- Princess Nora bint Abdul Rahman University
- Dar Al Uloom University
- Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University
- Fahd bin Sultan University
- Dar Al-Hekma University
- Shaqra University
- Arab Open University, Saudi Arabia
- University of Hafr Al Batin
- Northern Border University
- Jubail Industrial College
- Sulaiman Al Rajhi University
- Ibn Sina National College for Medical Studies
- University of Prince Mugrin
- University College of Jubail
- Jubail Technical Institute
- Madinah College of Technology
- Prince Mohammad Bin Salman College
- Dammam College of Technology
- Inaya Medical Colleges Riyadh
- Riyadh College of Technology
- Dammam Community College
This is not the complete list of universities or institutions available in Saudi Arabia.
Student Cost of Living
Students can afford to live in Saudi Arabia with just $700 USD per month. This includes rent, utilities, phone/internet bill, groceries, clothing, transportation, and anything else that may be needed. The reason students love studying in Saudi Arabia is for the low cost of affordable accommodation, the culinary experience, and transportation services.
Cost of Tuition
Saudi Arabia operates their universities a bit differently, because at times tuition fees can be completed waived and the student will not have to pay for a full year. This is without having or acquiring a scholarship.
And then some universities can be just as expensive as the United States. For example, at King Abdullah University, students will need to pay $30,000 per academic year to finish their master’s degree. It really depends on where the student studies and what type of program they are able to enter to ensure a low tuition cost rate.
Languages Spoken in Saudi Arabia
What language can students expect to hear in Saudi Arabia, and which language should students learn while they are studying in the country? Arabic is the main language in Saudi Arabia.
Other languages spoken throughout Saudi Arabia are Urdu, English, Farsi, and Turkish are among the more common languages that will be heard throughout the country.
International students will be tested on their Arabic language skills upon submitting an application to a Saudi Arabia university. This will allow the university to see where the student is on a language understanding level so they can place the student in the appropriate course and program.