Before students think about studying in Malaysia, they will need to look into getting a Student Pass or Visa from their government. This is a legal requirement asked by the Malaysian government. This pass or visa can be applied to online. Then afterwards, students will be able to enjoy their time in Malaysia and legally work part-time and study in the country.
We will discuss what cost of living will amount to as well as, the cost of tuition. Students will be able to learn about the various languages that are spoken in the country.
Universities in Malaysia:
- University of Malaya
- The University of Putra Malaysia
- University of Technology Malaysia
- University Technology Mara
- The National University of Malaysia
- International Islamic University Malaysia
- University of Science
- Taylor’s University
- Utara University
- PETRONAS University of Technology
- Multimedia University
- Management & Science University
- UCSI University
- Tunku Abdul Rahman University
- Monash University Malaysia
- University of Kuala Lumpur
- University of Nottingham Malaysia
- HELP University
- SEGi University
- International Medical University
- Sunway University
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak
- Sultan Idris Education University
- INTI International University
- Open University Malaysia
Academic programs at the University of Kuala Lumpur:
- Water and Hydropower Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Administration (Entrepreneurship)
- Science in Public Health
- Public Health
- Electrical and Electronics
- Industrial Automation
- Industrial Automation
- Chemical Engineering
- Applied Bioscience
- Aviation Management
- Creative Art and Design
- Computer System Security
- Facilities Maintenance Engineering
- Helicopter Maintenance
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Islamic Finance
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Imaging (Radiography)
- Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding
- Networking Systems
- Offshore Structure Engineering
- Political Science and Business Management
Student Cost of Living
When it comes to living in Malaysia, students can expect a monthly rent that falls between INR 29,000-60,000 per month.
Students should budget for the highest amount which is INR 60,000 per month to ensure the best and most comfortable living.
Accommodation can be requested through the individuals’ university, since the universities in Malaysia have ties with hostel and private room boarding.
Cost of Tuition
What is the estimated cost of tuition in this country? Depending on which subject field is being studies, students that are studying engineering can expect to spend an annual amount of $15,000 USD. Or for a business degree, students can expect to spend around $10,000 USD. This is for the duration of the whole entire study for these subjects.
For example, it will be a total of $10,000 USD for 3 years while studying Business Administration.
Languages Spoken in Malaysia
The main official language in Malaysia is called Malay. Currently there are over 130 alive languages that spoken routinely throughout the country. Here are a few of those languages Bajau, Bruneian, Murut, Lundayeh/Lun Bawang, Rungus, Bisaya, Iranun, Sama, Suluk and Sungai. A few more include Malaysian English, Hokkien, Cantonese, Hakka, Hainanese, and Hokchew, Tamil, Penang, Perak, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Malacca and Johore.
Students would be best off learning either Malay or Malaysian English to help a better integration into Malaysian society. Also, many universities in Malaysia give out fully funded scholarships to international students that are studying Malay.