The University of Bristol in association with the ESRC Centre, Offers the ESRC Center Scholarship for International Socio-Digital Futures Ph.D. Scholarships. The scholarship is offered for successful international students. Academic session 2022/2023.
The University of Bristol is a world-class institution dedicated to developing creative graduates through research, cultural, social, economic, and environmental initiatives.
By joining this university, the student will develop interdisciplinary skills in the social sciences, environmental sciences, and engineering sciences, as well as contribute to the development of theoretical and methodological innovations in understanding how socio-digital transformations relate to sustainable futures.
Degree to Receive: Doctorate
Place of Study: United Kingdom
Offeror: University of Bristol
Application Deadline: 02/25/2022
- The scholarship offers to cover tuition fees as well as a maintenance grant (based on UKRI fees), and will include access to an additional Research Training Support Grant (RTSG). Other opportunities available to scholarship holders (if applicable), include a fieldwork assignment abroad, internships, institutional visits abroad, and small grants and tuition fees.
- The scholarship does not cover travel expenses, maintenance, medical insurance or study materials.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the following research areas : Decolonizing the Imagination: Future Literacies in Immersive Spaces (Supervised by Professors Keri Facer and Arathi Sriprakash, School of Education, Bristol); Mapping Sustainability Outcomes in Connected Sites of Socio-Digital Practice (Supervised by Professor David M. Evans, Bristol School of Management); Methodological Futures for Socio-Digital Research (Supervised by Professor Susan Halford, School of Sociology, Politics and International Relations, Bristol)
- Applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must be international students.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a research degree program at the University of Bristol
- Applicants must complete an ESRC-accredited Research Master’s degree or equivalent with a significant element of research training. Students may be asked for more information to determine the relevance of the content covered. An equivalent research Master’s degree is defined as one that includes significant elements of social science research design and quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- To apply, students must be admitted to the doctoral program at the university. After that, they can apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must upload all required documents such as two academic references, an English language certificate, a completed CV, and transcripts. The university will not request additional documents for the award, but there is a possibility to request them at the time of admission.
- Applicants must achieve a certain level of English to qualify for a place on their chosen course.