The application for the Yanshan University Scholarship for International Students in China is open to any student who wishes to study in China.
The scholarship is awarded to Master’ candidates for the 2023 academic year. These scholarships are valid for 3 years and can be extended up to 4 years if there is any need to learn Chinese.
Non-Chinese citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship program. The purpose of the Scholarships is to provide financial aid to students who come to study in China.
The Yanshan University Scholarships are awarded to an applicant for a university degree for the 2023 school year. These grants are substantial for a long time (4 years can be reached if 1 year of Chinese dialect learning is required).
What you need to know about Yanshan University
Yanshan University is a university in Qinhuangdao, Hebei, China, under the provincial government. It has a student population of 39,000 and a staff population of 3,200.
The School of International Education is one of the YSU institutes committed to the school management strategy of internationalization, enrollment, education, and daily management of foreign students. They have one of the highest numbers of international students. The Yanshan University Scholarship is for all students regardless of their country of origin.
Yanshan University (YSU), jointly built by the Hebei Provincial Government, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, and the National Defense Science and Industry Bureau, participates in the construction plan of the country of the world’s first-class national university. Class disciplines with strong support from the Hebei Provincial Government.
YSU is a member of the Beijing High-Tech Universities Cooperation Consortium. Covering 266.67 hectares of land with a total area of 1.06 million square meters, YSU is now attended by 38,000 students receiving regular higher education.
It has a substitute population of 39,000 and a staff population of 3,200. It is a key national school and runs key state laboratories on its grounds.
Level/Field of Study:
Scholarships are available to pursue a Master’s program in any of the subjects offered by the university.
The scholarship is hosted by Yanshan University, China.
The scholarship is open to international students who are not Chinese citizens and wish to pursue a master’s degree program in China. If you are an international student looking to study in the UK, this is for you: Complete Guide to Getting a UK Tier 4 Student Visa for International Students.
The first-class scholarship covers the following: registration fee, tuition, and on-campus dormitory accommodation. The second class scholarship covers the following: registration fee and tuition.
The number of offers for the Yanshan University scholarship was not specified
The following criteria must be met for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a foreign passport and be in good health;
- Applicants for the master’s program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Chinese Government Scholars, Confucius Institute Scholarships, and other scholarships will not be accepted for this scholarship program.
- All candidates must meet the English language requirements of IELTS at 6.5 or higher or TOEFL at 85 or higher if courses are taught in English.
Applications must be sent by email, fax, and also by post to the following postal address
- International Exchange College, Yanshan University
- 438 Hebei Street, Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province, PR China. 066004
- Tel: +86-335-8047570, +86-335-8053537
- Fax: +86-335-8583078
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact: He Ling, Ji Hongyue
Other Documents Needed for Yanshan University Scholarship Application Form;
- Copy of passport (photo page);
- Application for admission to YSU international students (with a photograph of the applicant);
- Certified academic records, degree certificates or diplomas, and transcripts (photocopy);
- Curriculum vitae or curriculum vitae;
- Physical examination form for foreigners;
- Copy of HSK-5 certificate or HSK-6 certificate if courses are taught in Chinese; IELTS at or above 6.5 or TOEFL at or above 85 if courses are taught in English.
- Personal statement;
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors.
You can start the online application and get more details by clicking on the scholarship link.
Deadline for application:
Currently, this scholarship is not available but we will keep you updated on the new date.
Learn more about studying in China
Studying in China is an excellent opportunity to explore the most populous country in the world. You will experience China’s unique mix of ancient and modern civilizations.
China’s economic progress in the last 30 years is unprecedented in world history. In just a few decades, China has gone from being one of the poorest countries in the world to becoming a regional and global leader with a vibrant economy.
Since 1980, China’s average annual growth rate has been more than 10%, more than double that of the United States and the European Union. China is now the third-largest economy in the world.
China’s cost of living is quite low compared to the United States, Canada, Australia, and many parts of Europe. Foodstuffs and consumer goods are the least expensive items in China. A meal at a local restaurant for one person might cost a dollar or two.
Getting around China is convenient and affordable thanks to modern and well-developed transportation infrastructure. All cities are well served by buses and taxis, and the larger cities have modern metro systems.
Why study in China?
- A recent economic and industrial center and a driver of global growth that attracts students and academics from all over the world.
- The University is located in Central China, with good proximity to the commercial centers of the industrialized South and East.
- High-quality infrastructure and learning facilities are comparable to the best schools in the world.
- A huge group of international students in the city and cities beyond.
- Tuition fees are lower than in Western Europe and most Asian countries, but they provide quality service and beautiful surroundings.
- Opportunity to go to school and pursue your business/business dreams in the most dynamic shopping center in the world.
- Less stressful admission requirements and process.
- employment advantage
- Quality of education and international recognition
- travel and exploration
Featured Outstanding Facts About China
- The largest national population in the world, more than 1.3 billion people: 20% of the total population of the Earth
- More than 90% of the population lives in the eastern third of the country
- The full official name is the People’s Republic of China.
- The capital city is Beijing, the largest city is Shanghai.
- The main language is Mandarin Chinese, which has more native speakers than any other language.
- The second largest and fastest growing economy in the world, after overtaking Japan in 2011
- Fourth country by area (after Russia, Canada, and the United States)
- The only country other than Russia and the United States that has launched a manned space flight; The government has set a goal of establishing a space station by 2020.
- Under communist rule since 1949
- The second largest consumer of oil in the world, after the United States.
- Very diverse climate: from tropical in the south to subarctic in the northeast
- Chinese cities frequently appear in reports on the most polluted places in the world.
How to apply for a Chinese student visa
You can apply for a Chinese visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in your home country. When you apply for your visa, please remember to bring a valid passport, the original copy of the University Admission Notice, the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as the JW201/JW202 form), and the original exam record physical.
Please ensure that your admission notice, JW202 form, and physical examination record (within the validity of your visa, X2 visa holders do not need to submit the record after arrival in China) are delivered to you along with your passport after getting your Chinese. visa. You will need these documents to apply for your residence permit after you arrive in Chongqing.
International students who will study in China for more than 6 months must obtain an X1 visa, while students who will study in China for less than 6 months can apply for an X2 visa.
An X1 visa will only be valid for 30 days after arrival. You must apply for a residence permit within these 30 days to obtain legal status in China at the Chongqing Municipal Public Security Bureau. It is not recommended that you arrive in China early due to the short term of your visa. Also, you are not eligible to apply for a Residence Permit until you have registered as a CQU student.