In a bid to provide graduate students with practical skills and experience in global development, the World Bank Group is offering young graduates the World Bank paid internship.
The internship offers successful and highly motivated individuals the opportunity to improve their skills by working in a diverse environment. Over the years interns have found the experience rewarding and interesting.
Application for the World Bank paid internship is accepted during these two seasons;
– Winter Internship (December-March): The Winter Internship application period is between 1st October 2019 to 31st October 2019
– Summer Internship (June-September): The Summer Internship application period is between 1st December 2019 to 31st January 2020
The country scholarship is to be taken:
Most positions are available in Washington, D.C.
Field of study:
Typically, the internship seeks candidates in the following field;
– Human development (population, nutrition, education, public health)
– Social Science (Anthropology, Sociology)
– Private sector development
– Fluency in English is important
– Relevant work experience is important as well as computing skills
– Knowledge of languages such as French, Russian, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Portuguese will be advantageous
To be eligible for this internship, candidates are expected to hold a Bachelor’s degree and must already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program.
The number of positions:
Value of Program:
Interns will receive an hourly salary and where applicable they will be provided with a travel expense allowance. Interns will be responsible for their own accommodation.
Duration of program:
A minimum of four weeks
How to apply:
– Applicants are advised to use either Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 10, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox or higher as your browser when applying.
– Applicants will be prompted to register for an account and provide an email address.
– Applicants must complete their applications in one single session and will only be able to submit their application after they uploaded all the required documents
– Applicants will be required to provide their current contact information
For more information about the internship program and to apply, visit the program webpage