Bill Gibson was Presbyterian Minister served in a numer of Parish roles and as the Executive Director of Presbyterian Support Service. He was an active Freemason, serving as the Grand Chaplain. His death ends a family relationship between New Zealand Pacific and the Gibson Family spanning over a hundred years and four generations. Over the years, Gibson Memorial Scholarships is consistent of giving opportunity to all aspiring students to develop and enhance their respective skillrs.
- Closing date for applications is on November 15.
- The names of up to five short-listed applicants shall be submitted to the sub committee of the lodge and successful applicant shall be notified by the end of November.
- The successful candidate will be chose on the basis of a panel interview with lodge members where three areas will be discussed.
i. The candidate’s academic merit,
ii. Their engagement in community activities and,
iii. The purpose for which the scholarship proceeds will be used.
- One scholarship shall be awarded annually to a post graduate students in Religious Studies at Victoria University.
- The scholarship will have a value of $2000.
- The award is open to all post graduate, Religious studies students, irrespective of faith, nationality, marital status, sex or age.
- The selection will be made by the board of committee and director.
- The scholarships are tenable for one year.
- Scholarship recipients may hold this and other awards simultaneously.
The faculty member will have the shortlisted applicants and the list of nominees will be interviewed by the subcommittee.