BRAC University in Dhaka, Bangladesh is now accepting interested applicants who want to pursue TDR International Post Graduate Training Scheme Master of Public health (MPH) Programme 2018-19 which will commence in January 2018. The James P. Grant School of Public Health (JPGSPH) at BRAC University will host the 12-month full-time programme which will be taught in English and advocates problem-based experiential learning.
This full scholarship grant is funded by TDR, the Special programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, which is based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
The scholarship training will focus on courses in relation to the study of implementation research http://www.who.int/tdr/publications/topics/ir/en/. Researches such as identification of health system congestions and creation of a protocol on how to address them. Usually these problems are not addressed with the current health interventions.
The scholarship programme will provide opportunities to researches and likewise boost the number of quality researches and researchers as well. The middle income countries of WHO of South East Asia are eligible to apply. http://(http://www.searo.who.int/about/en/)
Scholarship awardees will enroll as post graduate students and will undertake a Summative Learning Project (SLP) on infectious diseases of poverty which include neglected tropical diseases. The recepients will be required to register in the TDR Global Platform expected to provide networking opportunities for all TDR alumni and stakeholders.
Applicants for the scholarship must meet the following:
- be under 35 years of age
- residing in low and middle income countries https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519
- meet the BRAC Universioty Requirement
- submit letter of purpose and a letter of recommendation from supervisor
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in social sciences including public health, medicine, nursing, midwifery, health sciences or equivalent disciplines
- Excellent academic track records with GPA 3.0 or above
- Proficiency in Mathematics and oral and written English
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office and data analysis skill
The TDR scholarship Scheme includes economy airfare from home country to Bangladesh. Tuition fees for 12 months training and basic medical and accident insurance and support for Summative Learning Project will be provided.
Deadline of submission of application will be on November 1, 2017 via online for MPH Programme at JPGSPH at http://sph.bracu.ac.bd/index.php/mph/admission/forms/97-education/222-