Entrepreneurship refers to the process of creating and managing a new business venture in order to achieve a specific goal or generate profit. Entrepreneurship involves identifying a business opportunity, developing a business plan, securing financing, launching the business, and then managing it over time.
Entrepreneurship requires a variety of skills, such as creativity, risk-taking, innovation, leadership, and a willingness to work hard and persevere through challenges. Successful entrepreneurs are often highly motivated and passionate about their ideas and are able to overcome obstacles and adapt to changing circumstances in order to achieve their goals.
Entrepreneurship can take many forms, from starting a small home-based business to launching a large multinational corporation. It can involve creating a new product or service or improving upon an existing one. Overall, entrepreneurship plays a vital role in driving economic growth and creating new jobs and opportunities.
Studying entrepreneurship in school can provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to start and run a successful business. Entrepreneurship courses typically cover a range of topics, including business planning, market research, financing, marketing, and management.
In addition to learning about the practical aspects of starting and managing a business, entrepreneurship education can also help students develop important soft skills, such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, and teamwork.
These skills are highly valued by employers in many different fields and can be useful for students who decide to pursue careers outside of entrepreneurship as well.
Entrepreneurship programs may also provide students with opportunities to connect with other entrepreneurs, network with business leaders, and even launch their own businesses as part of a class project or internship.
Overall, studying entrepreneurship in school can be a valuable investment for students who are interested in starting their own businesses, pursuing careers in related fields, or simply developing a range of practical and transferable skills that can be applied in many different contexts.
About the Scholarship
Are you an entrepreneur who longs to be part of a fully funded program that will develop your skills and expand your knowledge? Well, there is a fully funded young entrepreneur Westerwelle Founders Scholarship Program for developing countries in 2023, all applicants must apply before the state deadline.
The aim of the program is to connect young founders from emerging and developing economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
Take your time and go through this content as the World Scholarship Forum has arranged all the details you need to be in the Westerwelle Founders Program 2023.
About the Westerwelle Foundation
The Westerwelle Young Founders Program is a fully funded one-year program for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the program, the Westerwelle Foundation organizes an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference.
For additional information, visit the Westerwelle Young Founders Program.
The Westerwelle Young Founders program is located in Berlin, Germany.
You have to read this: German Scholarships Available for International Students in 2023.
The Westerwelle Founders Program is open to all African and developing countries.
The program offers
- The Westerwelle Young Founders Conference: a week-long conference in Berlin to meet young founders, and the German startup scene and strengthen your entrepreneurial skills by attending workshops and meetups (travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation);
- A personal mentor who is a seasoned entrepreneur and who will function as a training partner with whom you can discuss upcoming challenges and new opportunities;
- Monthly peer mentoring calls with the other successful young founders in the cohort to share knowledge and support each other;
- Expert sessions on relevant topics (for example, OKR, investor KPIs, marketing, and sales);
- The Young Founders Network: a strong alumni network that functions as a platform for all Young Founders to connect with each other, exchange ideas and find support for existing challenges;
- Exposure to the Berlin startup scene and the public for you and your startup through our social media channels and our networks,
- Support beyond the program as they remain a contact person for the Young Founders and help you find the right experts for challenges, offer opportunities to share learnings with current cohorts, or celebrate successes.
Westerwelle Founders Program Eligibility 2023
- Applicant must have recently (within the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model that has achieved Product-Market fit and secured first external funding (if running a business model that requires foreign investment);
- Your company is headquartered in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus in developing and emerging economies;
- You have a good working knowledge of English;
- You are available to attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin and can spend time participating in the monthly mentoring and peer mentoring sessions for the 6-month program.
Please note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if required) to enter Germany and valid travel medical insurance.
For more information Visit
Application Process for Westerwelle YFP Spring 2023
- Application Deadline (December 3, 11 pm CEST)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (November 25 to December 17)
- The decision of the jury and selection of participants (January 5)
- Notification to all applicants (January 7)