The Wadsworth African PhD Fellowship programme is mean to assist African students who are looking forward to study and obtain a doctoral degree in Anthropology and Archaeology but cannot afford the costs.
- The programme is only meant for students who desire a doctoral degree in Anthropology and Archaeology but who cannot afford the expenses.
- The applicants must be willing to give detailed explanation for their wanting to study the course in their host institution.
- Applicants must have already begun their education for the doctoral degree at a South African University and they must be willing to tell the reason why they could not afford to further their education in the field.
- Applicants must have a home sponsor who is a member of the institution where he had acquired prior knowledge of degree and the sponsor must be willing to give a reference note for the applicant.
- Applicants should and must have a host sponsor or a supervisor who must be a member of a South African institution where the individual or application wants to study.
- Applicants who already have advanced beyond their first year of doctoral training are no longer eligible for the entry.
- Before applying, students must have had a pending admission at a South African University.
- Only one application per funding season is allowed
- Applicant looking for field support expenses and dissertation writers are not eligible.
- Applicants must explain in detail that they have enough funds in addition to the fellowship to complete their training.
- Applicants must tender their proof of academic performance in their schools of prior training.
- If successful, applicants must be willing g to abide by all the terms and conditions of the institution.
Number of Scholarship:
Value of Scholarship:
- The fellowship shall pay her fellows the sun of $17,500; this covers travel, living expenses, tuition, students fees, insurance, books and research expenses.
- An additional application can be written to apply for a one year funding to assist them in their dissertation writers.
To know more about the program, visit the program webpage