With the aim to build a nation of eminent scholars, the Vaugirard Scholarship Program was launched by De La Salle University (DLSU). The name came from Vaugirard, France, the place where the first novitiate of St. John Baptist de La Salle was founded. It is notable for becoming a refuge and a house where the Christian Brethren pursue their mission of providing free education accessible to everyone while deepening their spirituality through fortified relationships bonded by fellowships and prayers.
The scholarship is exclusively enjoyed by fifty (50) Philippine public high school graduates annually. These students are granted opportunity to experience Lasallian education through any baccalaureate degree program offered by DLSU along with these benefits:
• Full waiver of school fees (tuition, miscellaneous, and other fees)* starting at the first term until the end of undergraduate program offered by DLSU (with an exception of ladderized baccalaureate-master’s programs);
• Monthly allowance of Php10,000.00 or about $200 for transportation, books, other academic-related materials, and school activities, and accommodation allowance;
• Latin honors graduates will be receiving an incentive equivalent to their monthly stipend; and
• Other privileges such as enrollment ahead of time, adjustment fees waiver, graduation fees waiver, and similar merits.
*provided on the Enrollment Assessment Form
To get qualified for the program, the following set of procedures must be followed.
1. The applicant can be pre-qualified to the program given that s/he:
• Must be among the 120 Philippine public secondary school examinees with the highest Weighted Admission Index (WAI)
• Must have a yearly gross family earnings of Php700,000 or $13550 USD at most*
• Must be a bonafide Filipino citizen*
• Must be a Philippine public secondary school graduate*
*based on the admission application form
2. If the given criteria were all met by the student, s/he will be receiving a letter from DLSU stating his/her pre-qualification for the program and an invitation for a screening.
3. To go forward in the screening process, the candidate must submit the following requirements:
• Letter declaring the intention to the program
• Latest Copy of Income Tax Return or a Certification stating the unemployment of parents or guardians
• Latest copy of electricity bill
• Catalog of household appliances (provided in the Scholarship and Financial Assistance form)
• Map showing the vicinity of your area
4. A consultation with a University selection committee will be scheduled upon the submission of requirements.
5. A final selection of 50 beneficiaries of the program will be made by the University committee based on the result of the qualification review.
For further details, please visit the DLSU Office of Admissions and Scholarships’ website or their e-mail: [email protected].
Don’t miss this opportunity! Apply for a scholarship now at DLSU.