Dokuz Eylül University (DEU) is a prominent public research university located in İzmir, Turkey. It is one of the largest and most reputable universities in the country. Established in 1982, the university takes its name from the date of September 9th, 1922, which marks the date when the Turkish troops liberated İzmir from Greek occupation during the Turkish War of Independence.
Here are some key points about Dokuz Eylül University:
- Academic Programs: DEU offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs across various fields, including natural sciences, engineering, social sciences, humanities, health sciences, fine arts, and more.
- Campuses: The university has multiple campuses spread across İzmir, including campuses in Buca, Bornova, Balçova, and Tınaztepe. Each campus is equipped with modern facilities, libraries, laboratories, and recreational areas.
- Research Opportunities: DEU is known for its active research environment. It conducts a diverse range of research activities in fields such as medicine, engineering, social sciences, and natural sciences.
- International Collaboration: The university collaborates with many international institutions and participates in various exchange programs, research projects, and partnerships, making it an attractive option for international students and researchers.
- Language of Instruction: Most programs at DEU are conducted in Turkish. However, some departments and programs may offer courses in English, especially at the graduate and postgraduate levels.
- Student Life: The university provides a vibrant student life with numerous student clubs, cultural events, sports facilities, and opportunities for personal development.
- International Students: Dokuz Eylül University welcomes international students from around the world and offers various services to support their integration and academic success.
- Scholarships: As mentioned earlier, DEU offers scholarships to international students, helping them cover tuition fees and living expenses.
- Location: İzmir, where DEU is located, is a major city on the Aegean coast of Turkey. It is known for its cultural heritage, vibrant lifestyle, and proximity to historical sites and beautiful landscapes.
- Reputation: DEU has a strong reputation both nationally and internationally, known for its quality education and contributions to research.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Dokuz Eylül University Scholarships:
Here are some general eligibility criteria that are commonly associated with university scholarships:
- Academic Excellence: Many scholarships are awarded based on academic performance. This may include having a strong GPA or academic ranking in your previous studies.
- Program of Study: Scholarships might be specific to certain fields of study or departments. Some scholarships could be restricted to particular faculties or disciplines.
- Citizenship: Some scholarships are exclusively available to international students, while others might be open to both Turkish and international students.
- Level of Study: Scholarships can be available for undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral levels. The eligibility criteria might differ based on the level of study.
- Language Proficiency: If your program of study is in a language other than your native language, you might need to demonstrate language proficiency through standardized tests like TOEFL or IELTS.
- Financial Need: Certain scholarships might consider your financial situation as a criterion for selection.
- Community Involvement and Leadership: Scholarships may value your participation in extracurricular activities, community service, leadership roles, or other non-academic achievements.
- Recommendation Letters: Some scholarships might require letters of recommendation from teachers, mentors, or employers.
- Essay or Statement of Purpose: You might be required to submit an essay or a statement of purpose explaining your academic goals, career aspirations, and why you should be awarded the scholarship.
- Application Deadline: Make sure to apply within the specified application period. Late applications might not be considered.
- Admission to DEU: In many cases, you need to have already received an offer of admission to a program at DEU to be eligible for scholarships. Some scholarships might require you to be a current student at the university.
- Other Specific Requirements: Depending on the scholarship, there might be additional specific criteria you need to meet. These could include research proposals, portfolios for artistic programs, and more.
What is the total award for Dokuz Eylül University Scholarships:
Scholarships can cover various expenses, including tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses, and other related costs. Some scholarships may cover only a portion of these expenses, while others might provide full coverage.
How to Apply for Dokuz Eylül University Scholarships:
Here is a general overview of the typical steps involved in applying for scholarships at Dokuz Eylül University:
- Research Available Scholarships: Visit the official website of Dokuz Eylül University and navigate to the scholarship section. Explore the different scholarship programs available for international students and identify those that match your eligibility and academic goals.
- Check Eligibility Criteria: Carefully review the eligibility criteria for each scholarship program to ensure that you meet the requirements. Note down any documents or information you’ll need to prepare for the application.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather all the necessary documents as per the scholarship’s requirements. This might include academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, language proficiency test scores (if applicable), and any other documents specified in the application guidelines.
- Create an Online Application Account: Some scholarships may require you to create an online application account on the DEU scholarship portal. This portal will likely be accessible through the university’s official website.
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the scholarship application form accurately and completely. Provide the required personal information, educational background, and other relevant details.
- Upload Documents: Upload all the required documents to the application portal. Make sure to follow the specific instructions for file formats and sizes.
- Submit the Application: Once you have completed the application form and uploaded the necessary documents, submit your application through the online portal. Be sure to double-check all the information before finalizing your submission.
- Pay Attention to Deadlines: Pay close attention to the application deadlines for the scholarships you’re interested in. Late applications may not be accepted.
- Notification and Selection: After the application deadline, the selection committee will review the applications and select recipients based on the established criteria. Successful applicants will be notified about the results of their applications.
- Acceptance and Enrollment: If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive information about how to accept the scholarship offer. This might involve confirming your intention to enroll in the university and providing additional documentation if needed.
- Follow Instructions: Follow any additional instructions provided by the scholarship office regarding enrollment, orientation, and other related matters.
Student Visa’s to Study in Turkey
Here is the Turkish student visa’s latest information:
- Receive Acceptance from a Turkish University: Before applying for a student visa, you need to have an official acceptance letter from a recognized Turkish university or institution.
- Gather Required Documents: Prepare the necessary documents for your visa application. These may include:
- Passport: Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Turkey.
- Visa Application Form: Complete the online visa application form available on the official website of the Turkish consulate or embassy in your country.
- Acceptance Letter: A copy of your acceptance letter from the Turkish university.
- Passport-Sized Photos: Recent passport-sized photos that meet the specific requirements of the Turkish consulate or embassy.
- Proof of Financial Means: Documents demonstrating that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees and living expenses during your stay in Turkey.
- Health Insurance: Proof of health insurance coverage for the duration of your studies in Turkey.
- Visa Fee: Payment of the visa application fee, as required by the consulate or embassy.
- Apply for the Student Visa: Complete the online visa application form and gather all the required documents. Submit the application form and documents either online or in person at the Turkish consulate or embassy in your home country. Follow the specific instructions provided by the consulate or embassy for the application process.
- Interview (if required): Some Turkish consulates or embassies may require you to attend an interview as part of the visa application process. Be prepared to answer questions about your study plans and financial situation.
- Wait for Processing: After submitting your application, you’ll need to wait for the visa processing period, which can vary depending on your country of residence. It’s advisable to apply well in advance of your intended travel date.
- Receive Visa Decision: Once your visa application is processed, you will receive a decision from the Turkish consulate or embassy. If your visa is approved, you will receive a visa sticker placed in your passport.
- Travel to Turkey: With your student visa in hand, you can travel to Turkey. Make sure to carry all the necessary documents, including your acceptance letter, passport, and health insurance, with you when you travel.
- Residence Permit in Turkey: Upon your arrival in Turkey, you will need to apply for a residence permit within a certain period (usually 30 days). The residence permit allows you to stay in Turkey for the duration of your studies.
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship opportunity.
For this scholarship opportunity the deadline is February 2024.
Other available scholarships to look at are €40,000 IAEA Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship Program ( MSCFP) for Female Masters Degree Students of IAEA Member States by the International Atomic Energy Agency, Austria 2024 or $1,000 Quality Comix Scholarship Program.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.