The University of Technology Sydney is delighted to offer the Research Excellence Scholarships for recently beginning doctoral students. The scholarship is esteemed at up to $30,000 per annum for a time of up to three years. Financed by the Commonwealth Government Department of Education and Training, this scholarship is offered every year to very positioned, recently beginning doctoral students.
The University has the desire that, with a properly checked project and predictable exertion, the Stipend beneficiaries will finish their work and submit postulations for examination at this time outline. In tolerating the Stipend, the beneficiary embraces work towards this objective. The University may support the part-time Stipend as per passage 4.2 of these conditions
Applications are evaluated against the accompanying criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate;
- Research and other pertinent experience of the candidate;
- Productions record of the candidate; and
- Significance of the proposed research to the University’s research qualities
When you present your online application to learn at UTS, you will be naturally surveyed for the accompanying UTS scholarship plans giving you tick the case that says ‘I need to be considered for UTS grants’ on the online application form.
To be qualified for a Research Excellence Scholarship (RES), a student must:
- be embraced a Doctoral Research Degree (PhD) at the University at the time of the RES
- Stipends are not accessible to candidates whose enrolment into a Doctoral Research
- Degree (PhD) has not been acknowledged by the University); and
- (b) be selected as a full-time student, unless the University has endorsed part-time Stipend
- for local students under passage 4.2 of these Conditions; and
- (c) not get a proportional honour, stipend or pay giving an advantage more noteworthy than
- 75% of the RES stipend rate to embrace the HDR. Pay earned from sources irrelevant to the course of study isn’t liable to the 75% rule.
The application will close on April 30, 2018.