UQ Economics Sri Lanka Scholarship in Australia is now open to accept Sri Lankan students for scholarship in year 2018-2019. The scholarship is basely in the field of economics in the undergraduate and postgraduate degree. Half of the tuition fees 50% will be covered by the scholarship committee and the other half will be handles by the scholars.
Goals of the scholarship is providing assistance to the deserving Sri Lankan students who excels not only in academics but in activities at the same time. Based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, the University of Queensland is considered as one of the top notch University and gained a consistent ranking in the field of Business Administration, mining, engineering and Life Sciences.
Scholarships are given in the following areas:
- Applied Econometrics
- Development Economics
- International Economics and Finance
- Health Economics
- Economics and Public Policy
- Students who have studied local Sri Lankan high school exams or international exams including London A Levels or the IB in Sri Lanka. Students must have a GPA equivalent to at least 6 on a 7 point scale at UQ and also meet the UQ Math entry requirement.
- Students from a science/math background are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Selection criteria for postgraduate programme-
- Completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized institution with a GPA equivalent to a 6 on a 7 point scale.
- Students must satisfy the UQ English Language Requirements for entry into the program.
Deadline to the scholarship application is October 6, 2017. See the link https://scholarships.uq.edu.au/scholarship/uq-economics-sri-lanka-scholarship for more information to the Queensland Scholarship programme.