Eastern Illinois University Offers Undergraduate and Master’s Scholarships in Various Areas for successful international students. The academic year 2021-2022.
Eastern Illinois University is a public university ranked 51st in the Midwest regional universities with a mission to be a premier comprehensive university, global in scope and impact, where personal connections with faculty and staff support the student academic success.
EIU is committed to diversity and inclusion and fosters opportunities to enhance the relationship between students and faculty with the support of applied learning experiences within the student-centered campus culture.
EIU students refine their clear reasoning and communication skills to become responsible citizens and leaders.
- The scholarship offers payment of tuition during the first two semesters of the undergraduate or graduate program.
- The scholarship does not cover travel expenses, living expenses, medical insurance, or study materials.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 (undergraduate) and 3.25 (graduate).
- To apply, students must register on the university portal to complete their application for admission.
- Students must present the following documents: Official records; Copy of passport; Financial Affidavit Form for International Students; Bank account statement.
- Applicants must have a SAT score of 960 or an ACT score of 18.
- Students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests: TOEFL on paper: 550 points; Internet-based TOEFL: 79 points; IELTS – 6.5 in the academic module; MELAB – 77; EIKEN STEP – Grade 1 or iTEP Academic Plus – 5.0.
How to Apply
Deadlines for scholarship applications are as follows:
- The deadline is Friday, October 15, 2021, at 11:59 PM CST.
- Please submit an application in its entirety.
- Do not create multiple applications.
- Please note that scholarships are competitive.
- Scholarship applications need to be submitted before 11:59 PM to be considered eligible for review.
Graduate Application – Currently enrolled students only
Undergraduate Application – Currently enrolled students only
New Incoming Students (deadline November 1, 2021) – Please go to: https://www.eiu.edu/international/prospectivefinancial.php
For the following scholarship applications, you must log on to EIU Academic Works to review and apply for scholarships.